For all other Mail-related topics
:sunglasses: 75 % :grinning: 25 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
When I saw this headline I thought the Mailites couldn't possibly turn it into something worthy of this thread. But yes, they did manage it and somehow 2019 is worse:

Grim photos show filthy children as young as FOUR toiling for up to ten hours a day in mines, farms and factories across the US 100 years ago
[url]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7023001/Children-young-FOUR-working-mines-farms-factories-turn-20th-century.html[/url]

Iain BFC, Blackpool, United Kingdom, 15 minutes ago
Times were harder and you worked to survive. The Kids of today are spoilt and do not appreciate what they have!
38 -2
R is for Rocket , Denver, United States, 26 minutes ago
This country was built on the backs of so many like them. Now, our borders are being overrun by illegals who believe they are entitled to cradle to grave handouts.
+32 -7
JojoWa, Brier, United States, 22 minutes ago
Now you can't peel the kids away from Snapchat and instagram or the Xbox
+23 -0
wounded stoat, Sunderland, United Kingdom, 29 minutes ago
Splendid idea. ! This would do the entitled little emperors of today the world of good. !
+12 -3
I once posted on here that the first reaction of a Mailite is to begrudge. Anything.
Boiler, spoonman, Timbo liked this
What just gets me is their ability to begrudge anything. Too rich, too poor, too dumb, too smart, too lazy, too busy, too lucky, too unlucky.

Makes me wonder what, if anything, they actually admire.
Andy McDandy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:16 am
What just gets me is their ability to begrudge anything. Too rich, too poor, too dumb, too smart, too lazy, too busy, too lucky, too unlucky.

PLU.
Boiler wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 am
Andy McDandy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:16 am

PLU.
They hate each other just as much. One end of this spectrum is playground bullying of anyone who is 'different' (clever, not clever, flamboyant, shy, extrovert, introvert, brown, anything really) - which often carries on into later life, and at the other end a low-level moaning about the same people. Passive-aggressive bullying of anyone not 'normal' by their definition.

It stems from a sense of inferiority (often fully justified) and resentment that others attain more - usually through working harder, being more intelligent, more creative or a dozen other reason.

And denial of their own faults - they externalise their locus of control and blame others/circumstances for their shortcomings and failures.
Boiler, Timbo liked this
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 am
And denial of their own faults - they externalise their locus of control and blame others/circumstances for their shortcomings and failures.
I think it's this last one that's the most telling. A degree of self-loathing they cannot bear to think is their own fault.

Some years ago, I used to post on a motoring forum and I posted something erroneous; and I duly apologised for same. Someone replied "that's big of you" in a manner I suspect wasn't taking the piss. But there you go; I was raised to admit when I was wrong and to take responsibility for my actions.

See also: "I'm dyslexic/dyscalculic" masking "I'm thick".
Round II

This time the Mailites just see it as a chance to waffle on about snowflakes, iphones etc with a bit of racism on the side:

The children of the slums: Harrowing images capture plight of bedraggled youngsters struggling to survive in Victorian Britain
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... itain.html

peter north, sutton surrey, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
For all their fllthy faces a "disgustingly" pale homogeneous society and not a knife in sight!
+266 -48
salfordred, Manchester, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Not a b urka in sight
+72 -9

Hugh.jarse, No Town , United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Definition of poor nowadays is not having latest iPhone and trainers.
+407 -28
me from nowhere., Anywhere in England, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
And they say kids are living in POVERTY today .Joke.parents most likely buying latest gadgets etc with family allowance.
+233 -17
Storm Thorn, Saffron Walden, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Snowflakes take note, your generation never had life so comfortable.
+214 -28
CromwellsGhost, Old England, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Get back to me about 'white privilege'....
+171 -14
jaybee72, Bolton, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
And not one of them has 'body issues' or gives a toss what anyone else thinks about their appearance.
+132 -5
singaporesling, Singapore, Singapore, 2 hours ago
The difference today is the moral poverty. No shoes, but a hearth and family and love. Contrast that with a poor boy running for his life before being knifed by an equally exploited drug running gang boy. I'll take the '50s poverty any day.
+81 -2
FrankEinstein, York, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
I hear on the radio that countless millions of children in the UK live in poverty.....what's poverty today? No sky TV i suppose
+80 -11

By the way that "Peter North" is a regular contributor. He's almost certainly the same Peter North who was a BNP candidate for a Sutton Council seat back in 2009.
Earliest surviving map of London from 1572 showing bear-baiting in Southwark, the original St Paul's and horses grazing south of the river goes up for sale

Egl1sh people used to live there then

Looks better. Before we started allowing everyone in

Looks a lot nicer back then.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... hwark.html
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

This is beautiful. https://twitter.com/DaddyHoggy[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]

Boris Johnson

porking on the public purse Now there's a tu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

How's Milne operating him in that photo? Liza[…]