:sunglasses: 75 % :grinning: 25 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Rickets, thalidomide, police brutality, the Krays giving you a Glasgow smile for looking at them wrong, but no black faces.
And there will still be some stubborn refusal to acknowledge that modern digital economies are why high streets are so blandly homogeneous now rather than some cultural marxist plot.
mattomac liked this
The good old days really DID exist! Brits and Americans were at their happiest in the 1920s and after the end of WW2 - and at their unhappiest in the 'winter of discontent' and after Vietnam
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... -time.html

cazgats, bradford, United Kingdom, 18 minutes ago
Mass migration have killed most European countries!! Xx
+64 -6
mick, exeter, 28 minutes ago
well it is patently obvious why, in 21c blood soaked, over crowded britain...
+51 -6
Castlegreyskull, Parts unknown, United Kingdom, 22 minutes ago
When people just got on with it and didn't spend all day complaining or being offended
+41 -0

Theykeepdeletingme, Middlesbrough, United Kingdom, 16 minutes ago
If we remain in the EU then WW2 was pointless
+43 -13
:shock: :shock:
Mind the time gap: Evocative photos show a bygone era on the London Underground – when drivers smoked pipes and even the beggars wore suits
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... round.html

Timbo, London, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
So sad London, nor England will ever be as nice again.
+3083 -210
teachem2think, Antarctica, 9 hours ago
How much more civilized everything was back then! And some people call what we have today "progress." They have no idea what has been lost. Very Sad Indeed.
2561 -104
Ronald Glump, London, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
Politicians have a lot to answer for... they've destroyed so much of this once beauty country.
+1862 -60
Karen4Jude, Jane Austen County, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
Being an ex Londoner I get very emotional looking at these photos and remembering how great London once was.
+1824 -52
MaryAnne, Colchester, 4 hours ago
Omg..please bring back those times..especially the sixties.Our once lovely city is ruined.
+1420 -63
A5M4123, London, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
People had more humanity then
+1219 -43
Celticdruid, Exmouth, Falkland Islands, 9 hours ago
Safer times for all, and now it's a poo fest out there. Give me a time machine and I will gladly go back with my family. Of course, you modernists will say otherwise.
+1105 -40

I don't think the Mailites got the joke here :lol:
Audi A6 experiencer, Large southern city, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
Yeah, modernists will come along with their 'statistics' and 'facts' to 'prove' that it's no less safe now than it was back then
+156 -66
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:28 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... round.html
Timbo, London, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
So sad London, nor England will ever be as nice again.
+3083 -210
teachem2think, Antarctica, 9 hours ago
How much more civilized everything was back then! And some people call what we have today "progress." They have no idea what has been lost. Very Sad Indeed.
2561 -104
Ronald Glump, London, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
Politicians have a lot to answer for... they've destroyed so much of this once beauty country.
+1862 -60
Karen4Jude, Jane Austen County, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
Being an ex Londoner I get very emotional looking at these photos and remembering how great London once was.
+1824 -52
MaryAnne, Colchester, 4 hours ago
Omg..please bring back those times..especially the sixties.Our once lovely city is ruined.
+1420 -63
A5M4123, London, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
People had more humanity then
+1219 -43
Celticdruid, Exmouth, Falkland Islands, 9 hours ago
Safer times for all, and now it's a poo fest out there. Give me a time machine and I will gladly go back with my family. Of course, you modernists will say otherwise.
+1105 -40

I don't think the Mailites got the joke here :lol:
Audi A6 experiencer, Large southern city, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
Yeah, modernists will come along with their 'statistics' and 'facts' to 'prove' that it's no less safe now than it was back then
+156 -66

They smelt of pubs, Wormwood Scrubs and too many right wing meetings. Its not as if the pictures are particularly nostalgia inducing. Its some people on the Tube when it wasn't quite so good as now. They are all white though which is probably the trigger.
Last edited by youngian on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oboogie liked this
Snowflake wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:45 pm
There was perhaps less knife crime then.
Balance that against "Nailing grasses heads to the table" crime, "Pulling debtors tows off with pliers" crime and "shooting people at short range" crime.
Jacob Rees-Mogg

What I am thinking right now is unacceptable, so I[…]

Twat of the Day

Better punch line. I could be confused - was drink[…]

2019 General Election

From Ibiza to the Norfolk broads... #ToryLies ht[…]

Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/12025663220785[…]