For all other Mail-related topics
:grinning: 100 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Oh, that's not pointless. She's rich, female, openly feminist and possibly some kind of do-gooder, who had adopted multiple children of various ethnicities. That is the Cunt Sonata in C (her, who does she think she is), arr. for nudge and Dog-Whistle.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:33 pm
She was the guest editor on the Today programme today. In an interview she didn't rule out running for President. She's quick witted, funny and intelligent woman. The Mail w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ does hate her.
FTFY
Daley Mayle wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:33 pm
She was the guest editor on the Today programme today. In an interview she didn't rule out running for President. She's quick witted, funny and intelligent woman. The Mail would hate her.

And I'd buy her a pint. And me missus would let me.
Watchman liked this
They do these type of stories a lot. I'm not sure if it's just lazy puff pieces or some sort of weird attempt to rile up their readers against young people.

This isn't a dig at the young couple at all. It's a dig at the misleading reporting and apparent attempt to claim young people could be living the life of Riley if it wasn't for them wasting so much money on gizmos and takeaways, which of course all young people do...

Mother, 25, who saved a deposit for a £145k home in just TWO years reveals her top tips for getting on the property ladder - including swapping phone contracts, scrapping takeaway coffees and cancelling online subscriptions
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... years.html

putting away £14,500 for a 10 per cent deposit, despite having no money from the 'bank of mum and dad'.
were able to save roughly £700 a month, largely thanks to the family's decision to move into Ria's mother's house, where they did not pay rent or bills.

:roll:

So, actually, the moral of the story is you'd be so much better off financially if you don't have to pay rent or bills. What a pearl of wisdom.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:22 pm
They do these type of stories a lot. I'm not sure if it's just lazy puff pieces or some sort of weird attempt to rile up their readers against young people.

So, actually, the moral of the story is you'd be so much better off financially if you don't have to pay rent or bills. What a pearl of wisdom.
Plucky entrepreneur starts business with nothing but determination and 250 grand from parents
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/wor ... 0429185116
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:22 pm
My assessment from a quick skim is that they're promo pieces for the Homebuyer's ISA or whatever the feck it's called.

As far as the content goes, well, it's just shit, innit? Much of their sacrifice reads like a bit of ostentatious hair-shirt wearing when the real savings were made by mooching off her oul pair for a year. "Do I want this, or do I want my own home?" isn't a healthy quandary, particularly as they'll have a similar, if not greater burden to shoulder for a longer time in the shape of a mortgage* and fiddling in the margins not subscribing to some random shit isn't going to fill the bank account for when the mortgage fairies come calling. And calling again. And again...

*As I understand it, mortgages are less given out on the "How much could you afford to pay off over 30-odd years of interest only before passing the principle debt off to your kids" of pre-crash days and more a sort of "exactly how much can you pay off per month before you're having cornflakes for more than ten meals a week, so it can all be over soon"
Safe_Timber_Man liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Actors aren't like the people they portray on TV.
Off Duty: Bitter TV enemies Adrian Dunbar and Anna Maxwell Martin laugh and joke together as they stroll arm-in-arm... a far cry from their tense scenes in the police drama everyone's talking about

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... mpany.html

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
The Mail discovers DIY.
Savvy mother gives her drab kitchen contemporary makeover for just £38 with door handles from eBay and pot of grey paint
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... paint.html
Labour, Generally.

I suspect this has come about becasue the trigger […]

Mark Francois MP

I would love to know how both the BBC and ITV ju[…]

GE 2020

You've a knack for getting right to the heart of t[…]

The Mail & Climate Change

Mailites fling abuse at a 16 year old girl again[…]