For all other Mail-related topics
:sunglasses: 16.7 % :grinning: 66.7 % 😟 16.7 %
  •  

By ManicMiner
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -home.html

My husband, Laurence, was in bed, our eight-year-old daughter, Rosa, and five-year-old son, Louis, were fast asleep and our tree-lined road in a middle-class suburb of North London seemed as safe and quiet as it always did.
Anyway, the house gets burgled. An awful experience, but superfluous details to pad the article (plus set in Mail land's typical leafy suburb)makes me roll my eyes.

All that was holding the door was my husband, a kind and gentle solicitor of 5ft 8in.
:lol: :lol:
But the level of violence was beyond belief. Our ordinary terrace four-bedroom house in a suburban street was neither rough nor grand. It seemed an unlikely location for an extraordinary act of random violence.

And if these urban terrorists are ever caught they'll get a pat on the head and a nice ankle bracelet; instead of 15 years hard labour.
Click to rate Rating 4

- Mark R, Coventry UK, 7/4/2009 4:52

Can we please have less of the 'Middle Class' stuff . This is a family attacked in their home. Working class or Middle class is really irrelevant although I am sure that so called Middle Class people are much less likely to suffer such an incident
Click to rate Rating 4

- Paul Taylor, shenzhen China, 7/4/2009 8:23

Love the pro-gun comments. Such an naive-idealistic world they live in
By Dan Widdecombe
Membership Days Membership Days
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -seat.html
"The man was arrested on suspicion of gross indecency; one woman was arrested on suspicion of gross indecency, being drunk on an aircraft, and failing to obey instructions of the crew; the other woman was arrested on suspicion of being drunk on an aircraft.'

Mother-of-one Miss Irby, who is the estate agent daughter of Old Etonian banker Paul Aschan, was at her family's £600,000 Fulham home.

'Clare is a wreck, she's devastated,' a family member said. 'There was no sex. The whole thing is untrue. She is not that sort of person."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fucking genius!
By Mr Mordon
Dan Widdecombe wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -seat.html
"The man was arrested on suspicion of gross indecency; one woman was arrested on suspicion of gross indecency, being drunk on an aircraft, and failing to obey instructions of the crew; the other woman was arrested on suspicion of being drunk on an aircraft.'

Mother-of-one Miss Irby, who is the estate agent daughter of Old Etonian banker Paul Aschan, was at her family's £600,000 Fulham home.

'Clare is a wreck, she's devastated,' a family member said. 'There was no sex. The whole thing is untrue. She is not that sort of person."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fucking genius!
hang on! Unmarried mother AND middle class!

Does...not...comp...ute....
By MikeSC
Membership Days Membership Days
horacegoesskiing wrote:Love the headline from that link at the top:
Every homeowner's nightmare: A mother describes the terrifying night seven burglars tried to smash into her family home
So then, as someone who rents a one bedroom flat (ie not a family home), does that make me immune to this sort of thing?
I think the lesson the Mail is trying to teach is that people are expendable- but property is sacrosanct! Damage to, I dunno, chandeliers and china and whatever else the middle-classes have is infinitely worse than working class chavs-to-be getting killed.

By davidjay
MikeSC wrote:
I think the lesson the Mail is trying to teach is that people are expendable- but property is sacrosanct! Damage to, I dunno, chandeliers and china and whatever else the middle-classes have is infinitely worse than working class chavs-to-be getting killed.
No, property is sacrosanct provided you own it. If you rent a flat (or worse, are on benefits) you're expendable.
The Trump Presidency

Completely unhinged. https://twitter.com/realDo[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

To be fair Steve Bray is an annoying twat as are[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

So this spokesperson is someone simply motivated b[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Marine A allegedly executed an injured prisoner […]