•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:This nice young educated white man turns into a total prick.
You are Winegums and I claim my £5
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It resurfaces every now and again. I suspect that there's a subtext of "What are my grandchildren talking about/why do I feel they're ignoring me?" about it.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 am
It resurfaces every now and again. I suspect that there's a subtext of "What are my grandchildren talking about/why do I feel they're ignoring me?" about it.
I guess that ties in with it being Easter holidays

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Chris S wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 am
"Debby, 45, from Surrey, says: 'I noticed how, eyes glued to the screen, brow furrowed, he was really living the game — it was disturbing to watch"

My God, you mean he was concentrating on a competitive video game?
I'm sure I've seen chess players doing the same.

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:57 am
I've just started playing Far Cry 5. I hope the Mail discover it.

I thought the whole 'evil video games' nonsense had died down but recently there seems to be a bit of a resurgence of it.
I haven't played Far Cry 5, but am I right in thinking that when it was first revealed the antagonist was a cult leader based in the USA, using God and whatever else to spread violence and power, the alt-right had a hissy fit?
cycloon wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:24 pm
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:57 am
I've just started playing Far Cry 5. I hope the Mail discover it.

I thought the whole 'evil video games' nonsense had died down but recently there seems to be a bit of a resurgence of it.
I haven't played Far Cry 5, but am I right in thinking that when it was first revealed the antagonist was a cult leader based in the USA, using God and whatever else to spread violence and power, the alt-right had a hissy fit?

Yes, that's right. They ran a petition to have the game banned before release.

It turned out they were wrong. Ubisoft played it safe and it's fairly politically ambiguous. If anything, gun-toting small town, hillbilly type Americans are actually portrayed as the saviours in the game.

The alt-right then started mocking "SJW's" and accusing them of being angry about the game. It was classic projection.
Given Gamergate was one of the original pools from which the alt-right bloomed, and possibly was responsible for the common currency of "SJW", it's not really surprising they weren't keen on shooting Nazis

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
The families with hat-trick homes: How a house in the city, country AND abroad is the new middle class boast - because two just isn't enough, darling
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... boast.html

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
When your child is a different class to you: Mothers who rose from working-class roots reveal their very complex emotions about their children riding horses and going to private schools.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... althy.html

'Am I middle class?' Mother is accused of 'showing off' after she boasts about £900k house, privately-educated children and ponies - but STILL doesn't think she's posh!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... class.html

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Mothers who rose from working-class roots reveal their very complex emotions about their children riding horses and going to private schools.

This wouldn't be a problem in Dublin where a pony comes free with a council flat and you don't have to pay nuns and priests to whack your kids.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
How I live on a £69,500 salary while saving to buy a two-bedroom flat

In our money series we’re finding out exactly how real people spend, save and invest their incomes to meet their costs and achieve their goals. This week we speak to 29-year-old Kate Donovan, a project manager who was inspired to make radical changes to her spending habits to save for a housing deposit.

Monthly income: £4,003 net salary (£69,000 gross annual)
Regular monthly outgoings:
Rent and bills: £830
Pension contributions: £264.25
Travel: £110 (averaged from annual travelcard)
Mobile phone contract: £10
Sports club: £40
Food shopping: £350 Holidays: £375 Savings target: £1,500

Total: £3,479.25 Amount left to spend on other treats: £523.75 / £121 per week

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/mon ... uy-a-flat/
Labour, Generally.

I suspect this has come about becasue the trigger […]

Mark Francois MP

I would love to know how both the BBC and ITV ju[…]

GE 2020

You've a knack for getting right to the heart of t[…]

The Mail & Climate Change