•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Women's eyebrows in the 21st century are a very strange thing.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/ ... ly-kind-of
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (34.65 KiB) Viewed 3584 times
My greatest regret about not joining the forum earlier is missing out on previous Sadfacer of The Year competitions. Grape man still pulls an instant chuckle from me :lol:
Oblomov wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:37 pm
My greatest regret about not joining the forum earlier is missing out on previous Sadfacer of The Year competitions. Grape man still pulls an instant chuckle from me :lol:
I couldn't be arsed doing it last year. Sorry about that, but nobody much seemed interested. I'll do one for 2019 in December if there's demand.

ETA: For old times' sake, here is the classic grape man image. I'm afraid I've forgotten why he was angry.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (58.03 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
Big Arnold wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:14 pm
Justified sadface, but they seem thin on the ground lately.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -path.html
After complaining to Openreach, telecoms bosses agreed to remove the pole less than a month later on April 8 - reinstalling it 9ft 8ins away from its previous spot.
Or 3 metres as most people outside Mailland would describe it.
I thought the rubric was a sad-face which wasn't justified, or showed a Mailite expressing anger at an imagined slight, or some sense of entitlement. This guy - who doesn't look particularly sad, just pissed off - seems to be justified in his anger. Utility company blunder, slow response, man gets cross.

We've been over this before.

If we just accept this sort of thing we're no better than the Mail for taking the piss out of people who have done no wrong.

Don't make me come amongst you with my blackboard ruler. Again.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:29 pm
Don't make me come amongst you with my blackboard ruler. Again.
When you're as good a shot as Mr. Burrell was with a blackboard rubber (the traditional wooden fuckers) then I'll get worried.
Oh, I was.

See also chalk, tennis balls (confiscated) and on one occasion a baseball cap.
My old English teacher, Mr. McAmley, could spin round from the blackboard and in a single movement hurl a piece of chalk with pinpoint accuracy a third of the way up the classroom to clobber a miscreant who was making too much noise.

Awesome.
I once took a baseball cap off a kid at the back of the class and, without looking, threw it over my shoulder. From the gasps of awe I sussed that it had landed in the bin. I was too cool to look, but I told him he could take it out if he put it away...

How reputations are made.
Cyclist, Abernathy, Boiler and 1 others liked this
I attended a Technical High School who had a French teacher who was, incroyable, an ex-Resistance soldier in France during the Second Unpleasantness.

I wasn't there at the time having dropped French for History but the second-hand story was that some hormone-challenged 16-year-old lout in the French class pushed the teacher too far and when, said lout, got out from behind his desk and took a run at le combattant de la résistance the teacher who was five foot nothing picked up the six foot twat and chucked him across the room.

No sad-faced and angry parents in the local paper or the Mail.
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:25 pm
Oblomov wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:37 pm
I couldn't be arsed doing it last year. Sorry about that, but nobody much seemed interested. I'll do one for 2019 in December if there's demand.

ETA: For old times' sake, here is the classic grape man image. I'm afraid I've forgotten why he was angry.
Sphincter gave out 3 short of the "Most grapes up the arse" world record.

To add insult to injury he was told that "finest vintage turd" was not a legitimate record.
Meanwhile in France

It doesn't get any Frencher than this. Fridays fo[…]

Question Time

Gammon Logic. What the fucking hell has happene[…]

Labour, Generally.

I suppose there is always Lord Buckethead. Al[…]

Mark Francois MP

I assume they don't call him 'Penfold' for nothing[…]