For all other Mail-related topics
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
#306043
Actually, DM readers may be right to be scared (and I can't believe I've just said that).

Good interview on Radio 4 this morning - pointed out that figures are comparing with a year when measuring changed and so a spike ensued that year. Also that much crime is young male on young male and is under-reported. Plus the figures don't include under 16 violence.
#306048
PaulOnBooks wrote:Actually, DM readers may be right to be scared (and I can't believe I've just said that).

Good interview on Radio 4 this morning - pointed out that figures are comparing with a year when measuring changed and so a spike ensued that year. Also that much crime is young male on young male and is under-reported. Plus the figures don't include under 16 violence.
Living on the edge of Britain's murder hotspot, Lewisham, I've never encountered any threatening behaviour. The reported figures are mainly internal gangster bullshit and don't impinge on Joe public anymore than they did down at Charlie Richardson's Camberwell scrapyard.
By Big Rob
#306056
Tommy Gun wrote:A lot of DM readers want crime to be high and want to feel unsafe because that makes them angry. They want nothing more than to be angry as anger fuels their hate.
Hate makes them feel better about their own futile life. Britain is generally safe and very few are actually victims of a crime. Mail readers claim they want Britain to be a place where kittens can walk outside without being attacked by rabid,bomb throwing Muslims but in truth I think it is the last thing they want. What they desire, more than anything on Earth, is a reason to hate others. And the Mail gives them what they want through its lies and deceit.
I will go with that. This is shit stirring IMO.

If you read the article in a facetious tone you will get the idea.
#306107
It's that disparity between actual crime vs. fear of crime, isn't it? They marinate themselves in the Mail's almost nihilistic pessimism and become immune to facts.

I wonder idly how many of them have been victim of a (what they would term a "real") crime, or if they merely consider their ill-informed paranoia evidence in and of itself.
#306118
I can't be bothered to go back and find the post, but there was some pratt posting from Cyprus about how this report totally conflicted with "our" experience, we're not safe on our own streets, etc etc. It does irritate me when expats claim to know more about what is happening in the UK than its residents do, especially when their knowledge is solely derived from reading the Mail.
#306122
Fozzy wrote:I can't be bothered to go back and find the post, but there was some pratt posting from Cyprus about how this report totally conflicted with "our" experience, we're not safe on our own streets, etc etc. It does irritate me when expats claim to know more about what is happening in the UK than its residents do, especially when their knowledge is solely derived from reading the Mail.
It works for Littlejohn.
#306123
MisterMuncher wrote:It's that disparity between actual crime vs. fear of crime, isn't it? They marinate themselves in the Mail's almost nihilistic pessimism and become immune to facts.

I wonder idly how many of them have been victim of a (what they would term a "real") crime, or if they merely consider their ill-informed paranoia evidence in and of itself.

It is this. But their perception of crime is a self-created one as it is an illogical perception. They probably only hear of any crime 3rd or 4th hand and each time it gets embellished until it no longer resembles truth. ie a car being keyed becomes a car being stolen and left a burnt out wreck somewhere. The police of course are always nowhere to be seen it must have just not bothered investigating. It's the whole idea that the entire media refuse to report crime as the NWO tell them not to. This fabled NWO is the latest Mailtards response to things he/she can't understand.
#306140
youngian wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:This fabled NWO is the latest Mailtards response to things he/she can't understand.
I notice NWO conspiracy wingnuts more on Torygraph message boards. They are usually in the guise of the 'liberal metropolitan elite' in the Mail.
As a rightie, my head didn't explode. Nice to have some Tory led coalition good news paraded around the media, especially the BBC.
#306211
BeaBoyd wrote: As a rightie, my head didn't explode. Nice to have some Tory led coalition good news paraded around the media, especially the BBC.
Shhhhh. Don't tell the others here Beaboyd, but I'm a rightie too. Or at least, I was until recently, when I seriously started to question my views.

But whatever.

I still think you're a cock.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

That stat about Norfolk would have been a damned s[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]

Boris Johnson

porking on the public purse Now there's a tu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

How's Milne operating him in that photo? Liza[…]