•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By karlt
Membership Days
TonyHoyle wrote:
Arnold wrote:
Still glowing strong: Britain's oldest light bulb keeps on shining after an incredible 130 years

'She told the Daily Express: 'It's a real talking point. There is no substitute for craftsmanship.. '

Nice of them to attribute the paper they lifted the story from!
Didn't take long for the comments to deteriorate to a rant about energy saving lightbulbs and the wicked EU making us use them.

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
The Mail has decided that one story about a pensioner and her vacuum cleaner is not enough. It sends one of its star reporters out to meet, greet and test drive the knackered old rug-sucker:

The 1957 Hoover still wiping the floor with new vacuums: VINCE GRAFF meets a great-grandmother whose 56-year-old appliance is still going strong

Vince has a cup of tea and bravely poses for some camp photos:

Even the Mailites struggle to score an irrelevant political point out of it.
By Fflaps
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Note folded copy of the Mail strategically placed in the corner. Almost like a living PT cartoon!

I wonder if, when Vince Graff bounded fresh-faced from college, clutching his journalism qualification, perhaps with the ideal to change the world just a little bit, he thought that one day he'd be posing with an ancient Hoover and its smug owner?

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
A fridge from the 1960s, a wind-up gramophone and a WWII shelter in the garden: Pensioner has lived in the same house all his life - and barely changed a thing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2eVOm9KXi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Morrissey also says a few things about the Cure f[…]

It's a bit much to call it a Freudian slip I agree[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

You know my stance - I'd block you if I co[…]

Boris Johnson

Apologies for repeating what's been said on here b[…]