For all other Mail-related topics
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I just don't think you can/should do that in business. I'm sure we've all met people at work, or customers, who we'd like to give a swift slap but sense says that isn't going to get you very far. If everyone took a minor moral stance every time they feel offended while they're working then nothing would get done. Unless the person has done something serious to offend or insult you then you just get on with it, and think to yourself what a twat the person is if need be.
youngian wrote:Yes I sympathised with the wronged Mail reader
'I ended my call swiftly, and said to her: "Apologies, I didn’t realise it was Sainsbury’s policy that you are unable to use your phone at the checkout".
'She replied: "Well, you learn something new every day".'
Cheeky mare
'I won’t be shopping there again - I’ll go to Waitrose in Dartford instead.'
Thats telling them
She will die alone and penniless if she keeps that up for long.
Not really your classic sad/happy face story, more a swipe at local councils, but some great poses here. (Which do kind of contradict the headline!)

Bungling council fixes litter bins so high on to lampposts that most people cannot reach them
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -them.html

Although, children and people in mobility scooters will struggle:

That would be a piss poor story even for the local paper, the Ipswich Star. That papers slogan used to be Ipswich Star- Its Brighter than ever. Back in the days when Paul Thomas was young and they had headlines on boards outside the newsagent I remember reading: Ipswich Star- 20,000 Dead in Earthquake- Its brighter than ever.
satnav wrote:As a few people have said under the story, 'Shouldn't a plastic bottle actually be going in a recycling bin?'
recycling police!
I'm sure there's a parallel story running somewhere that reads "Huge bill as red tape forces council to lower bins because of benefit claimants in mobility scooters. And YOU'RE paying!"
Kreuzberger wrote:Again, no qualms with that as a principle but that's not the issue. The opening salvo was from the cashier and fell well short of the dignity and respect to which she is most certainly entitled.

Personally, I would have been more pissed off if the customer had come to the juicy end of the transaction seemingly astounded that there were a few financial loose ends to tie up while emptying her worldly goods on to the belt looking for a slither of plastic that isn't a 2006 Blockbuster card.

No, that is just plain fucking inconsiderate.

Yes. The look of surprise on the face of some shoppers (usually but not always elderly females) when asked for money would be funny if it wasn't so annoying. The purse is usually buried at the bottom of a handbag that has the storage qualities of the Tardis.
Daley Mayle wrote:
Kreuzberger wrote:Again, no qualms with that as a principle but that's not the issue. The opening salvo was from the cashier and fell well short of the dignity and respect to which she is most certainly entitled.

Personally, I would have been more pissed off if the customer had come to the juicy end of the transaction seemingly astounded that there were a few financial loose ends to tie up while emptying her worldly goods on to the belt looking for a slither of ....plastic that isn't a 2006 Blockbuster card.

No, that is just plain fucking inconsiderate.

Yes. The look of surprise on the face of some shoppers (usually but not always elderly females) when asked for money would be funny if it wasn't so annoying. The purse is usually buried at the bottom of a handbag that has the storage qualities of the Tardis.
Miss Clarke added: ‘There was no one behind me in the queue, it was quite quiet and I just phoned my brother to quickly tell him I was about to leave.
In my experience "just" often means something time-consuming and involved. And if you are asked if "you can just pop into...." the rest of your day is screwed.
Why does she need to tell her brother anyway? It's one of those situations where my inner Victor Meldrew comes out and I reflect on the fact that a few years ago she'd have managed her shopping perfectly well without having a mobile, and her brother would have had to live with the suspense of waiting to find out when she'd finished.
Fozzy wrote:Why does she need to tell her brother anyway? It's one of those situations where my inner Victor Meldrew comes out and I reflect on the fact that a few years ago she'd have managed her shopping perfectly well without having a mobile, and her brother would have had to live with the suspense of waiting to find out when she'd finished.
My thoughts precisely. It's the age of the mobile and Farcebook. No-one can fart without updating a fucking profile. Me, I won't give Fartbook a second glance unless it's getting a message from an old buddy from way back.

Yesterday, I caused a bit of a kerfuffle - we had 7 people in the lounge watching Murray's match, and at one point there were 4 of them updating Frottagebook. "What's your entry? Missed the fucking shot updating Facebook?" That went down well.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... t-33911474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pics of D M readers putting recyclable bottles into waste says it all.

- Lynne, West Midlands, United Kingdom, 4/7/2013 15:17
Click to rate Rating 5

green this up please

Newspapers help to radicalise far right, says UK[…]

Theresa May

Statement due in Downing Street at 2015.

C**t of the day

Should be reported.

Europe? And the Future of Britain in Europe

Pretty accurate summing up. https://twitter.com/j[…]