For all other Mail-related topics
:sunglasses: 59.4 % ❤ 2.9 % :thumbsup: 4.3 % 😯 2.9 % :grinning: 21.7 % 🙏 2.9 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 1.4 % :shit: 2.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:44 pm
Any excuse to play my favourite version :D in muso parliance, it kicks arse.

That's Buddy Guy on the geetar, too 8) I bet some of you groovers press the 'instant replay' button.

If/when my favourite record dealer starts having sale days again, a 78 of that is a must (if it was ever committed to shellac, that is).

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
There's a longer version on YouTube with Buddy's intro, Big Mama strolling onstage and dropping her shopping bag, followed by another arse-kicking number showcasing her mouth organ skills - ably assisted by some dude called John Lee Hooker. 8)

Just dropped some Big Joe Turner in the music thread - you might like it. :wink:

By spoonman
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:48 pm
The United Kingdom, 2020, ladies and gentlemen.

Right-wing twat caught doing virtue-signalling slacktivism by sticking Hong Kong fleg on his twitter handle encouraging others to virtue signal for the square root of fuck all.

By KevS
Pre-emptive alert this, but the annual list of popular babies names has come out.

Rest assured, by mid afternoon, people won't remember there is even a song called Rule Britannia as they get would up about any slightly foreign sounding name.

(Muhammad is 7th, so that should get their eyes spinning nicely)

By MisterMuncher
spoonman wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:05 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:48 pm
The United Kingdom, 2020, ladies and gentlemen.

Right-wing twat caught doing virtue-signalling slacktivism by sticking Hong Kong fleg on his twitter handle encouraging others to virtue signal for the square root of fuck all.
British right wingers are fucking hilarious with their year zero approach to every former colony and imperial outpost.

I'd love to know what it is that China is doing that is specifically worse than the good old British got up to in those days that apparently can't be judged or even looked at unless you're a "snowflake".

By Kreuzberger
On the other hand, if the Forces' Sweetheart™ does storm the charts, it will mean that I have heard of at least one of the acts.
Cyclist, Boiler liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
He liked her when he was in the army, yes, but moved onto other stuff later on. I remember him liking Blondie at one time, although I think Debbie Harry might have had something to do with it :D
The Red Arrow liked this

By The Red Arrow
O.M.A (78 years young) wore out a copy of 'Parralel Lines'. Loved 'Autobahn' to 'Electric Cafe' era Kraftwerk, too. She has been known to sing along to me banging out Leadbelly's 'Where did you sleep last night?', and could do well on Mastermind with Buddy Holly as a chosen subject. Not that into the Beatles or Stones, but will tell me when I've nailed their tunes on guitar - or, more often than not, inform me that 'It's not quite there yet, is it?' :lol:
The Tories, Generally

I do wonder if they're trying to compete for some […]

What did the General Secretary actually rule was[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Interesting, even taking into account my mistrus[…]

Odin in an Opel! https://twitter.com/rachaelven[…]