•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
Butcher hits back at flower-clutching vegan 'muppets' who staged silent protest outside his shop by trolling them with 'bulls***' sign

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... otest.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today's nominee is 'Mother-of-one Meia Allegranza' who either doesn't understand veganism or hasn't figured out the key ingredient of a latte.
'They don't want any discomfort to themselves they probably do it in Topsham so they can get a latte and do their salutations afterwards - and of course it would look better on their Instagram.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Flat-Earther to take off in homemade rocket in bid to discover truth

A man who suspects the earth is flat has built a rocket he hopes will launch him high enough to debunk one of the world's most fundamental facts.

Half a millennium of science isn’t about to get between 'Mad' Mike Hughes and his dream, and he's raring to go. The 61-year-old limo driver from California plans to launch over the weekend.

He built the steam-powered vessel using scrap metal and estimates it cost about about $20,000 (£15,000).

He plans to travel for about a mile at a speed of around 500 miles per hour, soaring through the sky above the Mojave Desert.

"I don’t believe in science," Mr Hughes told the Associated Press (AP). "I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction." https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 68486.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
My work here is done. :D
Is the government hiding evidence of Planet X? Conspiracy theorists claim world leaders are spraying our skies with chemicals to stop us seeing mythical world 'Nibiru
Dunno mate, Sussex, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago
He's got a point. Clouds are made of a chemical - dihydrogen monoxide, and we all know how dangerous that is.

Major Hindsight, UK, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago
It's highly dangerous, and nothing gets done about, kills people on a regular basis. But do greens care? No..........

Ralph, London, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago
No...clouds are water vapour! H2O.

Lenticular Cloud, Sussex, 4 hours ago
Oh dear Ralph .....

NYC Commentator, New York, United States, 3 hours ago
@Ralph: And what is H2O but "dihydrogen monoxide" (a.k.a. two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom)? Hmmm.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z50WIzQecW
Cyclist liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Ten-year-old schoolboy trying to take a cheeky shortcut through a barrier gets his just deserts as he is left dangling in the air when it raises unexpectedly
You know what's coming, don't you? Although I was mildly surprised that the DM got it right.
azure, nickerie, Suriname, 19 minutes ago
In what way is it just desserts? (not deserts btw)

Dunno mate, Sussex, United Kingdom, about a minute ago
"Deserts" is correct. From the same root as "deserve".
Shakeyourdondon, Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
What shall I have for desert? A bit of Sahara with custard maybe?

chancel, manchester, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Shakeyour is trying to make the point that it should be spelt 'desserts'.

PetroGeoff, Great Brak River, South Africa, about an hour ago
Mr Morecambe, you were Wise to note that it is "deserts", NOT "desserts", as ignorant people like Shakeyour would like you to believe.

Dunno mate, Sussex, United Kingdom, 35 minutes ago
For once, the DM got it correct. You wouldn't say desserve, would you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z51RiKhcBq

Edit. Both my comments got 5 down votes.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
So that's what it was! Incredible time-lapse footage shows Elon Musk's Space X rocket blasting off for the last time this year after causing 911 calls and a Twitter frenzy because it was thought to be an ALIEN UFO
hayward4591, Los Angeles, United States, 41 minutes ago

The problem was it looked like it was going across the LA sky, slightly going down and looked like to had a shape of a space craft in general. So you can forgive people "not in the know" for mistaking it for something other than it actually was. I believe this was a deliberate action by Musk for maximum press purposes. I cannot at this time be convinced that it could not have been aimed over the open ocean, instead of aimed south and just off the coast.

I suspect that Iridium Communications wanted its satellites put in the correct orbit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z52Urkjjv3

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
randomelement wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:01 pm
People calling the police because KFC has run out of chicken.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43140836
WTAF!!! :shock:
The Greater Manchester Police have had form dealing with certain issues that don't even deserve to be labelled "First World Problems"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-25858527

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
They're not the only ones. Check out this FOI request response from Avon and Somerset Police:
1. How many 999 calls were made by members of the public to the police in your force area in which the caller mentioned "Donald Trump" or "Trump" during the last year (Feb 8, 2016 - Feb 8, 2017)? How many of these people were arrested, cautioned, or charged for misuse of the 999 service? Please specify any police action taken as a result of these calls in as much detail as possible. Please provide written and audio transcripts of these telephone conversations where available.

2. How many 999 calls were made by members of the public to the police in your force area in which the caller mentioned "Brexit" during the last year (Feb 8, 2016 - Feb 8, 2017)? How many of these people were arrested, cautioned, or charged for misuse of the 999 service? Please specify any police action taken as a result of these calls in as much detail as possible. Please provide written and audio transcripts of these telephone conversations where available.

3. How many 999 calls were made by members of the public to the police in your force area in which the caller mentioned "UKIP" or the "UK Independence Party" during the last year (Feb 8, 2016 - Feb 8, 2017)? How many of these people were arrested, cautioned, or charged for misuse of the 999 service? Please specify any police action taken as a result of these calls in as much detail as possible. Please provide written and audio transcripts of these telephone conversations where available.

4. How many 999 calls were made by members of the public to the police in your force area in which the caller mentioned the "EU" or the "European Union" during the last year (Feb 8, 2016 - Feb 8, 2017)? How many of these people were arrested, cautioned, or charged for misuse of the 999 service? Please specify any police action taken as a result of these calls in as much detail as possible. Please provide written and audio transcripts of these telephone conversations where available.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Surely that's an incredibly vague measure?

E.g. "I was watching the Donald Trump inauguration when someone smashed through my window and held me at gunpoint while they stole my jewels".

Does that count? I assume they're desperate for "I want you to arrest Trump because I'm a Millennial Snowflake".
The Trump Presidency

It's all o.k, kids - he's been sent by God... […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Petition to CANCEL Brexit soars past three milli[…]

Technical Support Issues - Post here

To create a persistent login, click where it sug[…]

The Sun

Hypocritical shits, again. 'Best of British', inni[…]