•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I was wondering myself. In my experience (which is admittedly based on my local dominant demographic, which is thick C2DEs in large quantities), it's more often half-cut or just plain entitled DM types bringing up that it's all the EU's fault that they can't have the moon on the stick and the police can't be there two minutes before the crime was actually committed, and that nice Mr. Trump has the right idea and would sort this country out.

But we'll probably never know.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Destructivedave, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 28 minutes ago

Keep cash. Never trust these electronic touch machines. Did the public know that every Atm machine has a feature if you are being robbed or watched as your getting money out. Punch in your pass code backwards and the machine alerts the police and video cameras come on around the machine. The money comes out but gets stuck half way. I never knew that.

Bullshit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z57rmzeC9k

By Boiler
Arnold wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:06 pm
Brexiters as I call them.
Why do they never stop to wonder why their bank didn't tell them when they issued the card?
One thing I have noticed, reading other forums, is that it always seems to be the Brexiters/right-wingers who fall for, or feel the need to alert others to, scams and spam. Why is this?
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
The DM Online wrote:Self-proclaimed right-wingers had a more pronounced amygdala - a primitive part of the brain associated with emotion.
It is an almond-shape set of neurons located deep in the brain's medial temporal lobe.
However, those aligned to the left had thicker anterior cingulates - which is an area associated with anticipation and decision-making.
So even the DM admits Right wingers are more primative :shock: :mrgreen:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... gdala.html

For a more respectable source http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1012/10122301 also Wikipedia has a page about it too.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:57 pm
Arnold wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:06 pm
Brexiters as I call them.
Why do they never stop to wonder why their bank didn't tell them when they issued the card?
One thing I have noticed, reading other forums, is that it always seems to be the Brexiters/right-wingers who fall for, or feel the need to alert others to, scams and spam. Why is this?
My take on that; they honestly believe any other source of information is fake news, only their (like minded) sources can be trusted

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I think confirmation bias comes into play, too. It's very selective, of course. If they're shown a video of some racist woman shouting racist abuse at a brown person on the train suddenly they're very keen to know all the facts behind it before passing judgement.
Timbo liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
PDA, Warrington, 1 hour ago

More scaremongering. A percentile increase isn't news worthy. If you have zero knife crimes in an area and then get 1 that's a 100% increase. You need actual numbers per capita of persons living in that area. Another journalist fail.

Dave the Atheist, Southampton, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago

Actually, a 0 to 1 increase is an infinite percentage rise. A 1 to 2 is 100%, as is 100 to 200

LAVENDER, BRISTOL, 1 hour ago

Don't bring intelligent reasoning into this. Article written to get the brexiteers bashing away at their keyboards....
Cyclist liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
BREAKING NEWS: Four people including shooter are dead and two are critically injured after gunman opens fire at bank headquarters in Cincinnati
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nnati.html

Hans Oak, Cincinnati, United States, 2 hours ago
5/3rd Bank is another "gun free" zone. I was a customer since childhood but switched banks years ago when they started posting no-gun signs. I only do my banking where they do not strip me of my ability to defend myself. I hope the best for all victims in this tragedy.
+61 -25
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Americans and guns. Words fail me. A week or two back I ended up having a row on You Tube with some fuckwit from Virginia.

It started off in a quiet way, I was listening to some music on it and a song I particularly like came on, Al Stewart’s Year of the Cat. I put a comment on about how it brought back some memories of this girl I knew at about the time it was released and a day or two later I got a reply from someone called Susan in the USA along the lines of I love your response to this, tell me more, anyhow we exchanged a few friendly messages, and she told me she lived in rural Virginia. At that point I jokingly asked if it was a safe place, or was it full of gun nuts.

She then exploded with right wing fury, NRA, we don’t take no crap, don’t dare take our guns away, fuck yeah, murrika.

That, needless to say, was the end of the conversation. My parting shot (forgive the pun) was “thank you for confirming my view that Britain and the USA actually have very little in common and most of your country is an alien and strange place”

Bet she weighed about 20 stone and looked a bit like Olive from On the Buses

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Bernard Jenkin must earn a dishonourable mention for suggesting that, Ralf Speth, the chief executive of Britain biggest car manufacturer, JRL, is lying about Brexit. This, moments before the latter announced a three-day week for the workers on the line.

Next TotD; the next BBC journalist to wheel Jenkin in and not mention it.
Boiler liked this
Jeremy Corbyn.

Not a bad review by James O'Brien of what seems to[…]

That's the face of a man resigned to spending more[…]

In fairness to Mann, it's estimated that slightly […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Austin Mitchell's latest. Germans are currency m[…]