For all other Mail-related topics
❤ 100 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By jguazu
Membership Days
Tonight they bring us the Earth-shattering revelation that the North is cheaper than London.

It really IS cheaper up North: Shops an ... get hotels

I like how they capitalise 'IS' - as they've always suspected that a pint might be pricier in Hammersmith than Hull, and now they've finally got conclusive proof.
Even items such as budget hotel rooms are pricier in the South.
Why the "even"? Surely any numpty would expect to be charged more for a hotel room in the capital than in central Hull (the comparison that they've used). The agenda behind this shocking discovery...
The findings will provide ammunition to the Chancellor, George Osborne, who is currently consulting on a plan to introduce regional wages in the public sector. The idea is that everyone from street cleaners to teachers would be paid less where the cost of living is lower.
The typical median public sector salary in London is £610.70 a week, which is around 50 per cent higher than in Hull.

However, the average house price in Hammersmith of £550,000 is some 417 per cent higher than the Hull average of £106,250.
Why does that mean that northerners should be paid less? Wouldn't it make more sense to pay Londoners more? I'm sure those northern street cleaners aren't exactly living in total luxury, even if their McDonald's Fillet-O-Fishes are 10p cheaper.

By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Of course no bugger in Hull trying to get on the housing market can same as London, are House prices really what we should be judging salaries on? You lower wages in lower cost areas of the country that area suffers in the private sector as well because people spend less.

They have no plan for business or growth they are basically pissing in the wind and hoping that somehow it works.
By Andy McDandy
I'm currently working on a laboured and heavy-handed analogy comparing the country to "The Wizard of Oz", with London and the south east standing for the Emerald City, and the shiny faced one as the wizard escaping in his balloon.

It needs a bit of work doing, and some of the gags are a bit obvious (missing a brain, missing a heart - in all honesty I may as well go John Major, grey, pease, aaaaahhh), and anyway the original book is a commentary on early 20th century American politics s it's really retreading old ground. But anyway, you'll see it here first!

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
mattomac wrote:Of course no bugger in Hull trying to get on the housing market can same as London, are House prices really what we should be judging salaries on? You lower wages in lower cost areas of the country that area suffers in the private sector as well because people spend less.

They have no plan for business or growth they are basically pissing in the wind and hoping that somehow it works.
They're on their knees praying for a global recovery* to float them off the sandbank.

*Like that global recession that didn't happen because everybody knows the only country that did badly was the one that overspent on services, and the ones that had euros, and the one with a black president, and the others cos they're forrin.
By shyamz
Membership Days Posts
Like the twelve different churches around the world who once claimed to possess the real penis of Jesus - I truly cannot fathom why anyone ever believes these claims, when it has never exactly been a secret that many different places claim to own the same relics.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
The more sophisticated Catholic theologians (at least since the Reformation) explain that relics have a rôle inasmuch as they focus the prayers and holiness of the faithful. They don't need to be authentic, they just have to be venerated, and the veneration is cumulative.

(And it wasn't the whole penis, it was the prepuce, which was at least possible).
By Andy McDandy
My favourite explanation for multiple relics is "Well, ours is from when he was an adult, St Ethelburga's is from when he was a little boy..."
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

I only smirked because it was f**king hilarious, […]

Paul Thomas Redux

What's that ill-defined structure to the right of […]

Team Bercow!! It's about time somebody pulled the[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/18/15/111424[…]