•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
1) The topic title was never meant to be taken seriously.
2) The topic was meant solely for DM misuse of the word "hilarious".
3) The fact that I remembered this topic and its purpose, last used nearly two years ago, is a good indication that I was using it appropriately.
4) Like everyone apart from the DM, I find nothing remotely funny about what the father did.
5) I strongly resent any suggestion that I did.
6) I may leave Mailwatch as a result.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:Why does a post about DM misuse of the word "hilarious" in a topic devoted to DM misuse of the word "hilarious" need explaining?
I, for one, had forgotten the original idea behind the tread so a "Look, they are at it again, finding things ever so rib-tickling when, really, they are quite the opposite" comment would have helped.

Let's not let this get out of hand, though.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
I do get where Arnold was coming from. I don't know if it's one of those things that varies depending where you are, but saying "well... maybe you had to be there", to me, was always a line you used after someone who reeled out some "hilarious" anecdote to a group, only to be met with silence.

But, yeah, let's all chill those mofos out, right?
Last edited by D.C. Harrison on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Ezinra chose the title not me, and it has caused no misunderstandings until today. Granted the purpose of the topic may have been forgotten to many since the last post, but nobody seems to have checked before jumping on me. I was just assumed to be in the wrong.
The DM headline was certainly in poor taste. My referring to it in Mailwatch wasn't.

Edit. Grammatical errors.
Last edited by Big Arnold on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
lord_kobel wrote:Yeah, I saw no problem with it. "I guess you had to be there" is just a polite way of saying " No, that's not funny".
That's a wholly valid observation.

You're a mod. Maybe change the title without further ado.
Boris Johnson

Not that he wasn't whining about this before he go[…]

Meanwhile in America

Not enough time to confirm in the senate now befor[…]

Labour, Generally.

Not sure trying to make out Starmer was disloyal w[…]

The Tories, Generally

"The war has developed not necessarily to our[…]