For all other Mail-related topics
:grinning: 100 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Mildly self-deprecating positive PR like this is almost certainly fed to them directly by whoever does Coulson or Hilton's old job now.

"He's a man of the people, in his simple blue polo shirt, on an affordable true British holiday, OK? Do this and we'll give you a Gove special in the week"

Wilson with his pipe, Blair and his guitar etc., all the humanising devices their teams employ to convey the smokescreen of normality. They probably wheel out that shirt on a coathanger at the Murdoch/Brooks dinner parties/sleep-overs, and laugh, as he sits there in some 2 grand Hugo Boss get-up, knocking back the Krug... :/
I don't think there are any sub-editors on Mail Online. Hence un-noticed typos all over the place, especially in captions, which are probably put in by some minion in the graphics department.
Daley Mayle wrote:Must be me. WTF is capsule wardrobe? Do they mean casual? Or is there a new term 'capsule wardrobe'?
Nope. It's a fairly established term and has probably been so at least since the luggage restrictions at budget airlines came in to force. In less branded times, it was known as "traveling light".
I'd never heard of it before, but it seems to be older than you'd think. Probably only used by London Village fashionistas and shitteratti.

Capsule Wotsit

I'm more concerned that whichever chimpanzee wrote that appears to be under the impression that Dave is wearing the same shirt in both pics and that he can travel back in time. Most odd.
Kreuzberger wrote:Nope. It's a fairly established term and has probably been so at least since the luggage restrictions at budget airlines came in to force. In less branded times, it was known as "traveling light".
And that, too.

In my case, then, my 'capsule wardrobe' is, in fact, just my… wardrobe.
Last edited by Carlos The Badger on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carlos The Badger wrote:I'd never heard of it before, but it seems to be older than you'd think. Probably only used by London Village fashionistas and shitteratti.

Capsule Wotsit

I'm more concerned that whichever chimpanzee wrote that appears to be under the impression that Dave is wearing the same shirt in both pics and that he can travel back in time. Most odd.
Oi! Frau 1.0 has been using it for donkey's and she's from fookin Rettkeh!
Carlos The Badger wrote: I'm more concerned that whichever chimpanzee wrote that appears to be under the impression that Dave is wearing the same shirt in both pics and that he can travel back in time. Most odd.
Especially as it seems to have got darker.

Mind you, most of my polo shirts are well over 3 years old...
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Mind you, most of my polo shirts are well over 3 years old...
I'd say that was quite new. To me, anyway. Just about worn-in by that age. Hate new clothes.
Carlos The Badger wrote::lol: Does it mean the same thing, though?
Yep. Exactly the same. A few, well-chosen separates which all match and can be worn in just about any circumstance and which are then flung in to a Trussardi shoulder bag for a secret weekend jaunt down to Liguria.

Hmm. Having thought this one through, if is wasn't for her enduringly thick ankles, I might have needed to edit the above post.
Carlos The Badger wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Mind you, most of my polo shirts are well over 3 years old...
I'd say that was quite new. To me, anyway. Just about worn-in by that age. Hate new clothes.
Well over, as in well over.
Meanwhile in America

I think America is big enough to survive Trump but[…]

Richard Littlejohn

My impoverished classmate seems to have left beh[…]

The Sun

https://i.postimg.cc/2SQfhbZH/image.jpg

Daily Express headline today

All shits. Let's unite the country!