•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Not sure if this is the right thread but it'll do.

We've had this before. The Christmas adverts where the leading roles are not white.

It’s not just any advert! Christmas comes early for a small Scottish town as Marks & Spencer stages a fake snowstorm for its annual festive campaign
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... tland.html

The Mailites are really pissed off:

saghia, Liverpool, 37 minutes ago
What, and they couldn't find British actors to play the roles? Surely this is a prime example of the advertising industry using people of colour in white roles. I am highly offended and demand an apology and a wad of cash for the trauma.
+28 -2
chapter50, Coastal, United Kingdom, 18 minutes ago
saghia - They are British born actors. I called M&S PR dept and they confirmed it..
Bullitin, Inthehills, Svalbard And Jan Mayen, 41 minutes ago
A very predictable PC couple. The majority sidelined again.
+24 -1
ABCL, uk, United Kingdom, 39 minutes ago
Looks like all the stores will be doing their usual PC thing with regard to the people they choose for their Christmas ads. Even the children involved have to be chosen accordingly. I'm sick of it.
+21 -0
BemusedToo, Bristol, United Kingdom, 34 minutes ago
Pathetic. I liathe these chi chi PC christmas ads.
+15 -0
Grober, UK, 49 minutes ago
More pc bs. As seems to be more and more the case, only the "locals" aren't represented. Even M&S
+15 -0
johnchall, essex, United Kingdom, 20 minutes ago
What were they celebrating?... eid?
+12 -0
Paranoid Android, Bosworth, United Kingdom, 12 minutes ago
At least you can see them in the snow.
+2 -0

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
'Today is a great day!' Elated office workers share snaps of their Christmas sandwiches as festive treats hit the shelves VERY early
Shoppers are in a frenzy after spotting Christmas sandwiches already in stores
I think this is a new one, but I'm sure it will be a regular in future.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food ... illed.html
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Any bets on when we'll see the first "shit winter wonderland in a car park off the M25 with a pissed off elf, drunk Santa and a dog with reindeer antlers stapled to its head, all for £50 a head" story?

By lambswool
Membership Days
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:16 pm
Any bets on when we'll see the first "shit winter wonderland in a car park off the M25 with a pissed off elf, drunk Santa and a dog with reindeer antlers stapled to its head, all for £50 a head" story?
Don’t forget the obligatory “Children were left in tears.”.
Andy McDandy liked this

By Boiler
D'you know.... as I travelled to London yesterday I found myself doing things like bellowing at the woman tugging fiercely at the door of an HST to "WAIT for the light to come on!", another one "do you mind if I sit in the seat I reserved please?" (code for "get all your crap off my seat"), listening to approaching Spurs fans 'singing' and coming towards my Tube train and thinking "there's a lot to be said for misanthropy and becoming a recluse"...

When does everyone think the rioting in the street[…]

Labour, Generally.

What is wrong with her? She has grown out of the r[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

All polling outside of elections means diddly sq[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Also, when the initial vote was based largely on l[…]