😯 50 % :grinning: 50 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
A thread dedicated to those moments when London-based DM writers get lost once they reach the outer limits of the M25. I am sure our Midlands, South West, Northern, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish correspondents can come up with some great examples but this one jumped out as being so bloody close to London...

You can bet they weren't expecting him to do that! Freerunner dresses up as a frail pensioner before leaping over benches in front of shoppers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nches.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The wrinkled man, who said he was 90-year-old Jim Cook, stunned passers-by as he leapt between pillars and bounced off walls in the sleepy Hampshire town of Basingstoke.
You'd think it was Midsomer not a new town full of roundabouts and high tea companies that can be reached in under an hour from that there London.

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
I can think of all sorts of adjectives to describe Basingstoke, but you're right, "sleepy" isn't one of them.

This is the sort of story that goes out three-quarters of the way through BBC South Today, just as grandma starts to nod off. It's quite entertaining by sidebar standards, though.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
This is one of my favourites. Usually the Mail gets the country right, but not this time. Wrong spelling too.
Enthusiasts in £2million battle to stop one of Britain's rarest tall ships setting sail for the Far East
The 113-year-old vessel was built at Connahís Quay in Deeside, Scotland, and has already attracted interest from the Far East with an offer of £2.3million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2Y18fRI00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
As usual the leftie luvvies will let a wonderfull pice of British history go abroad because in their eyes anything that is good about this country is just so much trash.
- ironfighter, coventry, United Kingdom, 8/2/2013 11:03
The lefties haven 't half got a lot of power.
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
My favourite, which I can't find now, was about a street in Bradford, so they had a small map of Bradford, superimposed on an image of the UK with LONDON in massive letters.

Because if you can't show us where something is in relation to the City where we all live, apparently, then we won't have a fucking clue.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Sun worshipers pack onto the beach at South End on Sea. Tomorrow is set to be even hotter
North End on Sea.is usually less crowded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2YM9WGTHT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By canus insanus
Membership Days
davidjay wrote:
As usual the leftie luvvies will let a wonderfull pice of British history go abroad because in their eyes anything that is good about this country is just so much trash.
- ironfighter, coventry, United Kingdom, 8/2/2013 11:03
The lefties haven 't half got a lot of power.
You can guarantee that 'Ironfighter' will be a slapheaded, potbellied bigot who's only ever slapped women and kids, and talks a good punch-up in the local boozer where the only regulars will be over 70 and addled. What a cunt.
By canus insanus
Membership Days
One of the best ones I saw was referring to Middlesbrough as being in County Durham. Even before Cleveland came into being, it was considered to be Teesside, or at best North Yorkshire. You lazy incoherent bastards. We don't keep company with the fuckin' smoggies.
By Fozzy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Why on earth are the likes of ironfighter and numerous other Mailites absolutely convinced that so-called lefties are hell-bent on the destruction of the country and everything good in it? Apart from anything else, what would be in it for us? As a self-confessed lefty, I have to say that I rather like the UK, even if I hate what this government is doing to it, and I would really rather not see it destroyed, it would make life extremely uncomfortable. In fact, I want to preserve all the things which make it good, including the BBC, the NHS, the respect for justice etc. The fact that I don't go around pretending that the streets are awash with crime, that all benefit claimants are evil, and that the country is overrun by feelthy murderous forrins is based on (a) observation of the facts and (b) respect for the fact that most of the people I see around me are actually perfectly pleasant, honourable and decent people - and that even includes some Mail readers.

I suppose ironfighter and friends think we are hell-bent on selling the country out to the commie and/or muzzie hordes, but that sort of fails to take into account that the commies/muzzies aren't demonstrating any discernible wish to take over, and that exporting a tall ship or two isn't going to change that.
By canus insanus
Membership Days
Fozzy wrote:Why on earth are the likes of ironfighter and numerous other Mailites absolutely convinced that so-called lefties are hell-bent on the destruction of the country and everything good in it? Apart from anything else, what would be in it for us? As a self-confessed lefty, I have to say that I rather like the UK, even if I hate what this government is doing to it, and I would really rather not see it destroyed, it would make life extremely uncomfortable. In fact, I want to preserve all the things which make it good, including the BBC, the NHS, the respect for justice etc. The fact that I don't go around pretending that the streets are awash with crime, that all benefit claimants are evil, and that the country is overrun by feelthy murderous forrins is based on (a) observation of the facts and (b) respect for the fact that most of the people I see around me are actually perfectly pleasant, honourable and decent people - and that even includes some Mail readers.

I suppose ironfighter and friends think we are hell-bent on selling the country out to the commie and/or muzzie hordes, but that sort of fails to take into account that the commies/muzzies aren't demonstrating any discernible wish to take over, and that exporting a tall ship or two isn't going to change that.
But that's because Ironfighter and his ilk are a bunch of pathetic cunts.
By lectrospin
Membership Days
Fozzy wrote:Why on earth are the likes of ironfighter and numerous other Mailites absolutely convinced that so-called lefties are hell-bent on the destruction of the country and everything good in it? Apart from anything else, what would be in it for us? As a self-confessed lefty, I have to say that I rather like the UK, even if I hate what this government is doing to it, and I would really rather not see it destroyed, it would make life extremely uncomfortable. In fact, I want to preserve all the things which make it good, including the BBC, the NHS, the respect for justice etc. The fact that I don't go around pretending that the streets are awash with crime, that all benefit claimants are evil, and that the country is overrun by feelthy murderous forrins is based on (a) observation of the facts and (b) respect for the fact that most of the people I see around me are actually perfectly pleasant, honourable and decent people - and that even includes some Mail readers.

fascism doesn't allow for any other view to be considered. They are right and you are a cartoon villain, it's all small minds can manage.
On the Radio

Listening to The Reunion (partly) on Radio 4 w[…]

Boris Johnson

Now then. https://twitter.com/PhilipHammondUK/sta[…]

Labour, Generally.

On a similar note I've seen many comments to the e[…]

The Northern Irish thread

Well, one bus company in Ballymena would appear to[…]