•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By sporran
Membership Days Posts
Have we got a general royal arse-licking thread? I couldn't find one.

Anyway, here's the current top story on the Mail site about "thrifty" Kate snapping up a dress for a paltry £160 and then - get this - wearing it more than once. Truly a princess for the age of austerity.
Adam, London, United Kingdom, moments ago
Hope this silences the moaners. Our Royals are the hardest working in the world. Duchess Catherine and Prince William have dedicated their lives to serving the British People. We owe them a debt of gratitude.
Genuine or piss-take?
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
It's like Royal Top Tips.
Members of the Royal Family. Save £££s by wearing a frock more than once. Some heavy coats can be worn up to four times, provided one's lady in waiting gives them a thorough delousing between encounters with the public, before fit only for the bin.
Perhaps she will follow Pippa into the world of publishing. I would love to read 101 Recipes For Leftover Caviar by The Duchess Of Cambridge.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
One needs a new carriage and when one needs a new one then one will most certainly get one.

Nice to know we're all in it together, eh readers?

6hp apparently

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Abernathy
The panelling includes slivers of Scott’s Antarctic sled, Sir Isaac Newton’s apple tree, Hut Six at codebreaking centre Bletchley Park, one of Sir Edmund Hillary’s Everest ladders and the beams of most of our great cathedrals.
As she is drawn behind six horses, the Queen will be sitting on a piece of Scotland’s Stone of Destiny, upon which monarchs are traditionally crowned, and surrounded by a bolt from a Spitfire, a musket ball from Waterloo, a bolt and rivets from the Flying Scotsman and a button from Gallipoli.
There’s even a fragment of the bronze cannon from which every Victoria Cross is cast, and a piece of metal from the wreckage of a 617 Squadron Dambuster.

And under one the seats, there is a patch of material from Jimmy Savile's tracksuit.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
As she is drawn behind six horses, the Queen will be sitting on a piece of Scotland’s Stone of Destiny, upon which monarchs are traditionally crowned, and surrounded by a bolt from a Spitfire, a musket ball from Waterloo, a bolt and rivets from the Flying Scotsman and a button from Gallipoli.
There’s even a fragment of the bronze cannon from which every Victoria Cross is cast, and a piece of metal from the wreckage of a 617 Squadron Dambuster.
Nothing from Iraq or Afghanistan then. Do Help for Heroes know about this snub?
By sporran
Membership Days Posts
And there's Paul Thomas doing another of his cartoons where the message is basically "the royals - they're just like the rest of us lol"
Yeah, I know, I know.

I'm sure it's the same in other countries, but sometimes I do wonder if it is particular to the English (British?) where we feel a need to have to tip the hat to our "betters" so much.

Lucky for me, I had a grandfather who would spit out "freeloading wankers!" whenever the royals were on the box and once (apparently) got in a fight in a cinema for not standing up for the national anthem.

By Killer Whale
Abernathy wrote:
The panelling includes slivers of Scott’s Antarctic sled, Sir Isaac Newton’s apple tree, Hut Six at codebreaking centre Bletchley Park, one of Sir Edmund Hillary’s Everest ladders and the beams of most of our great cathedrals.
That's our history is it? No peasant's revolt? No relentless, half-starved labour to sustain the ruling classes? No Peterloo Massacre? No Merthyr Rising?

Deluded cunts.

By Abernathy
Hard to credit that the sycophantic tosser that constructed this anachronism went to the trouble of going and cutting a lump off the fucking apple tree that Isaac Newton supposedly sat under to build into the bloody coach.

They could have included a built-in hammock made from a pair of Cyril Smith's Y fronts.
Richard Littlejohn

=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_d[…]

https://twitter.com/jamesthewallace/status/1141031[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Francois had a frontbench job under nice modernise[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

I'm glad Jez has put a stop to that destructive so[…]