For all other Mail-related topics
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
You just can not reason with these lunatics at all. I mean, I'm not keen on the monarchy, I find the whole thing very boring, but I don't particularly dislike Kate, Ive no strong views on her one way or the other, apart from the fact that she would probably get a game.

To hate someone for the petty, trivial reasons given is just sick and is a good illustration of these nasty bastards mindset where the default setting is just HATE, HATE, LOATHE, DETEST, DESTROY
Helped along nicely by this sort of language:

EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Will Prince Workshy and Duchess Do Little be booed as they meet Brussels-supporting French politicos on Friday?

Daily Mail yesterday: William may revive accusations of being 'workshy'.
Daily Mail today: William is workshy.

pianochick68, Los Angeles, United States, 15 hours ago
Willie sure has a thing for bony, skeletal women...
+2345 -255
eXo, wherever, United Kingdom, 15 hours ago
The young royals are lazy, work-shy and spoiled celebs who love to spend other people's money.
+2333 -254
jamesP, Blubb, United Kingdom, 15 hours ago
Time to get rid of the monarchy after the Queen is gone.
+2222 -280
WagnerEU, rainbow, United Kingdom, 15 hours ago
His dance moves are embarrassing. I'm pretty sure his mistress who was with him there was embarrassed.
+1765 -298

Mission accomplished.
By Fozzy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Thinking back, I'm not sure how much of a spontaneous outburst of grief there was over Diana*, and how much was whipped up by the media. Who was leading who there?
I think it was a mixture, but the "spontaneous outburst" still had its roots in the media, in that through their own obsession with her they had led their readers to be equally obsessed, and because there had almost become a soap opera element where she was viewed as a slightly wayward member of everyone's families. Brenda got wrong-footed because she simply didn't appreciate that the advent of Diana put the Royals into a different ball-game from the days when her father died and the populace was prepared to grieve in a restrained and dignified manner and wouldn't have dreamt of questioning whether the Buck House flag should be flown at half mast or not.
Diana always had something of a following amongst the slightly fragile and the slightly more thick, to put it as nicely as possible. She was still a a somewhat traffic figure post Bashir et al, and the tabs hadn't quite got the "now she's fucking a DARKIE!!" narrative fully established. Once the media began its handbrake turn, it all rolled over into ridiculousness.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
To be fair to Brenda during Diana week, it's well known that she was all for staying up at Balmoral until just before the funeral, for the entirely reasonable theory that, hey, these two boys have just suddenly lost their mother, and you can't move for coverage, so let's keep them up in the Scottish Highlands and out of the way.

Meanwhile in London, it nearly comes to revolution over a fucking flag.
Rumours about Phil have been floating about for years. He was well in with that Stephen Ward/Profumo set in about 60/61/62 ish and was a member of a dining club they got going, in which they would have an award for "cunt of the month". Apparently, Phil got this a couple of times

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:Rumours about Phil have been floating about for years. He was well in with that Stephen Ward/Profumo set in about 60/61/62 ish and was a member of a dining club they got going, in which they would have an award for "cunt of the month". Apparently, Phil got this a couple of times
Harmonica maestro Larry Adler was among Phil's hell raising rat pack.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I must say, the excitement over Brenda's impending croakage is really building.

This long piece from the Guardian about the extraordinarily detailed plans for when she eventually throws a seven is quite fascinating. You can't say they're not ready for it. Interesting factoid is that they'll keep on showing Dad's Army.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... don-bridge

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
I just popped over to link that myself. Absolutely fascinating piece. From a historical point of view, it will be intriguing when it does happen.

Unfortunately the solemn dignity of the occasion will be ruined by the Mail having a go at the BBC for not showing enough respect, Farage offering to become a special adviser to Charles, Piers Morgan writing about the real Queen he knew: How Elizabeth confided her worries to him about Charles/Camilla/Harry/Corbyn/Bake Off/West Brom (delete as appropriate), and Katie Hopkins having an aneurysm that some of the people filing past the coffin are those MUSLIM TYPES.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:I just popped over to link that myself. Absolutely fascinating piece. From a historical point of view, it will be intriguing when it does happen.

Unfortunately the solemn dignity of the occasion will be ruined by the Mail having a go at the BBC for not showing enough respect, Farage offering to become a special adviser to Charles, Piers Morgan writing about the real Queen he knew: How Elizabeth confided her worries to him about Charles/Camilla/Harry/Corbyn/Bake Off/West Brom (delete as appropriate), and Katie Hopkins having an aneurysm that some of the people filing past the coffin are those MUSLIM TYPES.
Ah no Katie, Muslims hob-nobbing with royalty is modernist PC gorn mad, It's against tradition I say ... Nurse....

Picture source - Daily Mail.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Buck House staff dragged in overnight for "emergency meeting", and reports of a heavy police presence in the area. Twitter in meltdown as rumours abound that Phil has hopped the twig....
Jeremy Corbyn.

Frankly, considering the clusterfuck we're in, I w[…]

Theresa May

Statement due in Downing Street at 2015. 4 ye[…]

Newspapers help to radicalise far right, says UK[…]

C**t of the day

Should be reported.