•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
If this is a PR attempt to defend Prince Philip then it has failed badly:

Prince Philip WAS dazzled by the sun: New photographs show difficult driving conditions at junction where Duke of Edinburgh had his crash
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... crash.html

Rorschach, Leicester, United Kingdom, 15 hours ago
The sun is in front of you. You come to a complete stop. Turn to look for in coming traffic and shield your eyes with your hand. If you are unsure DO NOT pull out. Only pull out when you are entirely sure it is safe to do so. He's guilty of dangerous driving and should be prosecuted.
+1957 -82
juno1944, Manchester, United Kingdom, 15 hours ago
Absolute nonsense. If he stopped at the junction and the Sun was straight ahead, then checking for oncoming traffic either from the left or right, means that either his left ear or right ear would be facing the Sun. NOT HIS EYES. Stop making excuses for this selfish old man.
+1574 -120
sc3994, Westminster, United Kingdom, 15 hours ago
Stop making excuses for the old duffer, he should not be driving, full stop.......
+942 -79

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
I had the same reaction. It doesn’t look as if the sun would have bothered anyone driving out of the minor road. It looks as if the tree would have blocked the sun. And the photo was taken from a higher point to the right.
If I didn't know better I'd think the snapper carefully chose that height/angle to make a point...

Also, the fact that the sun is shining today is no indicator of whether or not it was shining at the time of the incident.
We know William and Harry are now despised but Philip was one of the last Royals the Mail and Mailites liked, being a racist old man and all. It seems that's changing, too:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (139.21 KiB) Viewed 739 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (30.55 KiB) Viewed 739 times
The Trump Presidency

It's all o.k, kids - he's been sent by God... […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Petition to CANCEL Brexit soars past three milli[…]

Technical Support Issues - Post here

To create a persistent login, click where it sug[…]

The Sun

Hypocritical shits, again. 'Best of British', inni[…]