•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I find it hilarious how obsessed journalists at the Mail are with Prince Harry being stripped of his titles, could it have something to do with the fact that so few journalists at the paper have ever received any honours or titles. It just smacks of pettiness and point scoring.

By Bones McCoy
I suspect there's a very generous dose of.
I slave away for 3 hours a week on 5 times the average wage to produce my column, and hardly anybody takes any notice.

That jammy bastard Harry just rocks up to Disney and offers to voice King Louie, and it's top of the tweets.

So unfair.
There's a fugazi around monarchy, the idea of duty, public service, and some sort of social contract. Rubbish, the queen could have taken the piss for 70 years and she'd still be queen. Or look at Andrew, or Edward, or Margaret. None of them exactly renowned for their busy opening things schedule, but still living in luxury.

H&M have figured this. People are interested in them regardless of the number of things they open. They're a commodity, and are trading on it, on their terms. Meanwhile the media reluctance to deal with Andrew - charges he strongly denies - shows them up as the arse kissers they are.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
I was wondering if they would keep him on ice until the plebs are allowed out to weep and wail, with the narrative of “look you ungrateful pair, this is what the people love about the monarchy”
Not sure. I remember 2002, when the nation's favourite granny died, and the media had to bully people into giving a shit.

By Bones McCoy
KevS wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:34 pm
If true, probably the best thing to do for us is to treat it like Thatchers demise. Don't say anything, let them get on with the sackcloth and ashes.
Agreed.

I've nothing against the guy, and raise my hat for the job he did fighting the fascists in the Med and the Pacific.
Most of the friction he creates is that of an old bloke without media training.
When the time comes, he deserves a decent send-off.
Those so inclined can weep and wail to their hearts content and go home with the commemorative chinaware.

Would I abolish the Monarchy?
Sure, but gradually, and not with a guillotine.
Probably find a more limited role for Charles and Camilla, and then stand em down.

As for the Forth Bridge rumour.
It seems to be based on a misapprehension.
Those on wards can receive a last visit, and that's the only visit.
Charles visited Philip in hospital, but it's a safe bet that Philip's in a private room - different rules.

Things aren't great when you're 99 and in hospital during a pandemic, and it could all go south pretty fast.
But I think the "watchers" misread the signals this time.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Great times; Jumpers for goal posts, bobbies on bikes and a day in Margate. There's no lack of cliches on Tony's timeline. Imagine turning into a wanker you built your early career on despising.
Last edited by youngian on Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:46 am
Things aren't great when you're 99 and in hospital during a pandemic, and it could all go south pretty fast.
But I think the "watchers" misread the signals this time.
Considering the "watchers" pushing the "Forth Bridge" stuff are arseholes on soshul meejah, I'd take anything said with most of Cheshire's salt.
youngian wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:04 pm
Great times; Jumpers for goal posts, bobbies on bikes and a day in Margate. There's no lack of cliches on Tony's timeline. Imagine turning into a wanker you built your early career on despising.
Mr Fenton is not amused.
Click!
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Yes; this is what you voted for. Screenshot_202[…]

Roll Call

I'm surprised how many of those in my circle of […]

The Biden Presidency.

Well, at the moment they're busy moaning that they[…]

"Yebbut everyone was doing it" didn't […]