For all other Mail-related topics
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
"Channels" is a bit like "The smile that says..." in that there isn't actually any connection, but the reporter/editor desperately wants there to be one.

Princess Diana was one of the most photographed people on the planet. The chances are that whatever Princess Margery or whatever her name is wearing, Di wore something similar at some point and the photo's on file somewhere. Dresses, jeans, swimwear, assless chaps, you name it.

Of course, the Diana connection will help raise interest and shift copy. It also feeds into the tabloid narrative that Kate is somehow Di reborn, and who will lead the monarchy into a new and wonderful future. While, er, shagging her own son. Erm. Of course, there's also the Cinderella myth as well. In which an attractive woman from the right social set can catch the eye of a scion of a very media-savvy royal house.

This is from the same media that laid into Hilary Mantel for describing Kate as being not much more than a clothes horse, baby machine and projection screen for our fantasies.
Did someone already do "cheated death"?

Ronnie O'Sullivan and young son, 6, 'cheat death' after his sports car smashes into motorway barrier hours after losing snooker World Championships
'He wasn't that bad, he's not got a scratch on him,' said Mr Rigby.
'He's back home again now. There's no problem with drink driving.'
He added: 'He's fine and his son is fine, they're not injured at all.'
I cheated death earlier today. A car, travelling at nearly 30mph missed me by less than 10 seconds after I crossed the road whilst en route to work this morning. My fiance would have had to pour his curves into a funeral outfit to show my ghost what it was missing.
sporran wrote:Parking tickets are always "slapped" onto cars.
any fine or charge is slapped. I usually choose to imagine it was meant literally for my own amusement.
Top lawyer suing for £300,000 compensation after 'being attacked and gored by rampaging elephant on Zambian foot safari'

Who here has heard of Caroline Pratte?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z34pjVbuXh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Top (whatever)" -

A) works in London

B) knows a celebrity

C) earns over a hundred grand

D) if female, is good looking

Take your pick really.
As she doesn't work as a lawyer, I can't see how she gets to be described as a top lawyer.

The whole story seems to have been written by one of the DM's work experience kids - witness "teaming with wild life" and multiple references to a writ. Writs were abolished around 15 years ago.
The most terrifying experience of my life': Passengers on 'cruises from hell' tell of near-death experiences on-board, including fires and 30ft waves in new documentary
The most terrifying experience of my life': Passengers on 'cruises from hell' tell of near-death experiences on-board, including fires and 30ft waves in new documentary

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5Fb1ozKUs
Jeremy Corbyn.

I got briefly swept up by his Glastonbury appear[…]

That's the face of a man resigned to spending more[…]

In fairness to Mann, it's estimated that slightly […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Austin Mitchell's latest. Germans are currency m[…]