•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
The Mailtes have started, too:

Revealed: The value-for-money Easter eggs that contain MORE chocolate that it says on the packaging
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/ ... money.html

Collington, Oxford, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
How many of these eggs actually have EASTER on the EXCESSIVE packaging?
+46 -8
paul65, lancaster, 1 hour ago
If it doesn't say Easter its not an Easter egg.Don't buy them without Easter on.
+32 -6
Hesnotthemessiah, Cambs, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
And none of them have the words "happy" or "easter" on them. I wonder why...
+32 -7
Misplaced optimist, Madrid, Spain, 41 minutes ago
Where¿s the reference to Easter. First it was Christmas being rebranded winter holiday, now Easter. They are happy to make millions out of a Christian festival but refuse to acknowledge it on their product. Probably too late this year but next year we should all boycott any products which do not acknowledge the festival they are making money out of.
+18 -7
willing to listen, Manchester, United Kingdom, 56 minutes ago
Any body else notice, those eggs on display, no longer actually use the words ' EASTER EGG ' ?
+17 -2

And over in the 'Never Happened' corner:

Vindigirl, London, United Kingdom, 35 minutes ago
it has been banned at my Grandson's school in Kent because the majority are you know what.
+5 -1

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Happy Easter Holiday Kentish grandson, your granny's a liar.
Summer term
Tuesday 18th April 2017
May Half term Monday 29 May 2017 - Friday 2 June 2017 inclusive
Ends Friday 21 July 2017
Summer holiday Monday 24 July 2017 - Friday 1 September 2017 inclusive
Bank Holiday Monday 28 August 2017

Autumn term
Begins Monday 4 September 2017
October Half term Monday 23 October 2017 - Friday 27 October 2017 inclusive
Ends Wednesday 20 December 2017
Christmas holiday Thursday 21 December 2017 - Wednesday 3 January 2018 inclusive

Spring term
Begins Thursday 4 January 2018
Spring Half term Monday 12 February 2018 - Friday 16 February 2018 inclusive
Ends Thursday 29 March 2018
Easter holiday Monday 2 April 2018 - Friday 13th April 2018 inclusive

Summer term
Begin Monday 16th April 2018
May Half term Monday 28 May 2018 - Friday 1 June 2018 inclusive
Ends Tuesday 24 July 2018
Summer holiday Wednesday 25 July 2018 - Friday 31 August 2018 inclusive

2017 - 2018 recommended school holidays for September 2017 - August 2018
The Red Arrow, Cyclist liked this

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I know it's the wrong thread, but you have reminded me of Christmastime in the factory I worked in when I left school, and how happy the Pakistanis there were to receive, and give! Christmas cards. Not just the grass-muslims who'd join us in the pub after work and drink Scotch (Bells was the favourite iirc) but the religious ones who observed Ramadan and went into the little room provided for them to pray several times a day.

I can only assume all this "ofendz teh muzzies" crap comes from stupidity tempered with profound ignorance.

I really am beginning to despair for this country.
randomelement liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:03 pm
As an addendum to the above, my adoptive Turkish family have taken to adorning their Facebook and messenger pics with Easter chicks - and they're 'you know whats' .
Well of course. Easter represents the culmination of the teachings of the second-greatest prophet in Islam.
The Red Arrow, Cyclist liked this

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
The Pope has allegedly just abolished Hell (I shit you not). The comments when the M*il readership wake up to this should make for an illuminating theological discussion.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
On the account of a 93-year old with a history of rather inaccurate reports of Pope Frank's views.
Denied by the Vatican.

An interesting point, were the report true, would be that the pope would be stressing one element of the conventional view of hell, rather than another. Playing down the fire, brimstone and demons with nasty toasting forks and playing up the eternal separation from the grace of god.
By WTF?
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:24 am
On the account of a 93-year old with a history of rather inaccurate reports of Pope Frank's views.
Denied by the Vatican.

An interesting point, were the report true, would be that the pope would be stressing one element of the conventional view of hell, rather than another. Playing down the fire, brimstone and demons with nasty toasting forks and playing up the eternal separation from the grace of god.
Ahh, life in general, as it's known in Glasgow.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:43 am
The Pope has allegedly just abolished Hell (I shit you not). The comments when the M*il readership wake up to this should make for an illuminating theological discussion.
I wish he'd given some warning.

I'm stuck with a stack of this useless currency

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
WTF? wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:32 am
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:24 am
Denied by the Vatican.

Ahh, life in general, as it's known in Glasgow.
At least Protestant Glasgow.
Jeremy Corbyn.

I got briefly swept up by his Glastonbury appearan[…]

That's the face of a man resigned to spending more[…]

In fairness to Mann, it's estimated that slightly […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Austin Mitchell's latest. Germans are currency m[…]