For all other Mail-related topics
:sunglasses: 100 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Has anyone else noticed the increased number of capitalised words in headlines? Here are some examples.

The five simple things you should do when you first meet someone that's guaranteed to impress ANYONE

Len Goodman, 72, reveals he is set to QUIT Strictly Come Dancing after this year's series

Are YOU dieting wrong? Slimmers should 'focus on healthy foods they enjoy and not what they can't have'

Road-rage motorist punched driver and then bit off part of his EAR before spitting it in his bloodied victim's face

What a BUNCH of absolute IDIOTS.
BUMSEX must of course be capitalised. It's a Mailwatch Meme standard.

On some of them the headline would be better wit the word KNOB.

Road-rage motorist punched driver and then bit off part of his KNOB before spitting it in his bloodied victim's face.
bluebellnutter wrote:Has anyone else noticed the increased number of capitalised words in headlines?
Er, yeah, Sun newspaper, 1980s, as ate chips.
I wouldn't say it's a new thing, is it? It's one of the first things that get on my nerves about MailOnline. Especially as they will quite often randomly capitalise a word which doesn't even need emphasising, if any word does indeed need emphasising at all, which they don't (on the whole) in my opinion.
Giant f*cking Sudoku wrote:
bluebellnutter wrote:Has anyone else noticed the increased number of capitalised words in headlines?
Er, yeah, Sun newspaper, 1980s, as ate chips.
All that played in my head at the idea of eating chips off a copy of the Sun was the line in the Simpsons which goes "That's a real good way to get sick".
Yeah, well, if you ever dip your toes into a working class town someday, you'll see it's not like a Simpsons episode.

I'm sure we're in your prayers though.
A few years ago, two friends of mine - one from Preston, one from Leeds - indulged in a "Who's more northern?" contest. Both big guys (one's an amateur boxer, the other a doorman) getting increasingly red-faced as they bellowed "Chippy tea!" and "Gravy!" at each other. Quite fun it was, until a slightly built lady friend of ours won by interjecting that she was from the Gorbals.
You see it a lot in Liverpool (unless it's changed since my stay there). There is a minority element of Professional Scousers who try way too hard to the most scouse. It's cringeworthy to witness them digging deep into their scouse dictionary and rule book to portray themselves as a walking stereotype. Ironically, they play up to a lot of the stereotypes they hate being accused of, too.
I've all that to look forward to.

I was once up there playing Cards Against Humanity, and the question card was "The best thing that ever happened to [blank] was [blank]". In my hand were "Scousers" and "Hillsborough". Won the round and everyone laughed it off.
Scottie Road.

I heard that a few times at College, "You're not a scouser unless you were born in or around Scottie Road".

Hardly anyone is now brought up on Scottie road or Scotland road due to the mass slum clearance of the 60's and 70's. Strange how kids still mention it though even in the 00's.

Though what would I know I was a woolie from Southport.

Anyhow I also wouldn't know a working class town though I visited plenty when I lived for 21 years in the north of England, my parents both come from old mining, factory and mill communities and many of my family remained in those areas.

If you want to talk working class towns I know them by the bucket load so go jog on GFS
lol, wut? It wasn't a trump card contest bruv :? Throwdown! Poverty is poverty. I'm sure the well paid paps at the Mail regard themselves as workers.

If I showed you a hard-up working class fisherman, north or south, Labour all his life, who couldn't wait to come out of the EU, is that guy a scumbag?

Please, try to move away from the little boxes. It's no different to saying ALL of Corbyn's supporters are in fact EVIL COMMUNISTS!
Didn't say that

I said Corbyn was showing solidarity with a communist regime....FACT

Very different, I know very well Brexit voters, some of my family are and I understand their concerns, I don't agree with many of them but it is hard to shift a perception. At least their concerns have something based in reality, lack of a GP, lack of Housing and so on, they just use the wrong reason for that.
The Observer is shit

Looks like one of the 1-page dummies that are put […]

Labour, Generally.

Ian Lavery was on TV this evening doing his Plain-[…]

Labour Policies 2019/20

A thread to discuss the several policies which wil[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Well, I suggested taking the batteries out and l[…]