For all other Mail-related topics
:sunglasses: 47.4 % :thumbsup: 10.5 % :grinning: 26.3 % 🧥 5.3 % 😟 5.3 % :shit: 5.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Handy that big sign. Helps forgetful call centre staff remember what their job is.

But who's drawn a cock on the wall map? :shock:

Oh, and again, I don't get the joke. What is it, exactly ?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Paul's points seem to be:

1) The emergency services are a bit crap. No explanation, it's their fault.
2) You will wait days for an ambulance.
3) The emergency centre workers think this is funny.

There also seems to be a reference to some cultural meme that I don't recognise.

As I said, a piece of shit.
By Andy McDandy
This refers to a case where a Londoner took a train to Exeter to get his mother (I think) to hospital after the local ambulance service decided her case was low priority. Much made of spirited amateur vs uncaring professionals, as ever.

More drip.
By Andy McDandy
Well, that was the thing. Reading a bit more into it, it appeared that old mother Exeter had called the ambulance to take her from home to hospital for an appointment - something, frankly, that a neighbour or taxi could do. They explained that emergency calls had to take priority and they'd get round to her when they could.

Which seems fair to me. When I was burgled a few years ago, the police said that they'd take about 2 hours to arrive - the house had been burgled when we were away for the weekend, the damage was done, the burglars wouldn't be coming back, take the time to call a locksmith, make the house secure and compile an inventory of what had been taken. They later explained that if we'd called in the middle of the night saying someone was breaking in right then, we'd have got the full rapid response team treatment. It's about limited resources and urgency.

Factor in projection and wish fulfilment on the part of the journalists covering this too. Young man living in London drops everything to look after his old mum in the sticks. Where do most journalists work? Where do their parents live?

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
The story Thomas is making a 'hilarious' statement about:

A man who travelled nearly 200 miles to reach his injured mother arrived before an ambulance reached her.

Mark Clements caught a bus, tube and two trains from London to Exmouth, Devon on Saturday after his 77-year-old mother fell and broke her hip.

The initial 999 call was made at 09:00 GMT but paramedics did not arrive until seven hours later...

...When paramedics eventually arrived, Mr Clements said they were "equally appalled and astonished" at the delay...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-47146518
Labour, Generally.

Jez working his magic in a Labour heartland urban […]

The Independent Group

That doesn't look very good. Except a few people w[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Seen a theory (well one person on Twitter) say the[…]

Exclusive: Labour Split 'Scabs' Will 'Regret It',[…]