•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I clicked on the page, saw the title, and didn't need to scroll down on my phone to know what the gag was. It was just a case of who was in the dress.

By Abernathy
At this rate Paul's not going to make it past his probationary period. Some fucking dire cartoons so far.

I was about to say that I can remember when a Paul Thomas cartoon at least raised a chuckle, but I realise I can't even say that.
By Andy McDandy
Surely it would have taken a while to consume all that Fosters and, er, Pringles, to get that drunk? Why has nobody removed him from the pitch already? And why is the drunk making the comparison and not one of his sober team mates?

By cycloon
Andy McDandy wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:54 am
Surely it would have taken a while to consume all that Fosters and, er, Pringles, to get that drunk? Why has nobody removed him from the pitch already? And why is the drunk making the comparison and not one of his sober team mates?
Why everything.
By Andy McDandy
I'm fairly sure he did a version of this during the 2010 world cup, featuring a kid in a clown outfit and his teammate saying "I'll be Gerrard, you can be Joe Hart*".

At the time I felt that something was wrong. Why would a kid dress as a clown unless he wanted to make a statement? Same problem as here. It's the wrong person cracking the "joke".

*Notoriously unreliable England goalkeeper, m'lud.

By Daley Mayle
Mac had his problems with his chosen subject matter, usually racist, but credit where credit was due he was a master of perspective and a good grasp of the further things are away from the view point of the reader the smaller things get.

The rendering and perspectives of the changing rooms are unnerving.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:I'm fairly sure he did a version of this during the 2010 world cup, featuring a kid in a clown outfit and his teammate saying "I'll be Gerrard, you can be Joe Hart*".

At the time I felt that something was wrong. Why would a kid dress as a clown unless he wanted to make a statement? Same problem as here. It's the wrong person cracking the "joke".

*Notoriously unreliable England goalkeeper, m'lud.
By Andy McDandy
Robert Green, thanks for the clarification.

But you see what I mean? Basic misunderstanding of the joke dynamic. If the kid had been leaping in and saying "And I'll be Robert Green!", it would be contrived but at least it'd make sense.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

BREXIT BOMBSHELL: Terrified EU to be forced in[…]

The Sun

"It's terrible seeing foreign rich people try[…]

Nigel Farage

Farage can't drive in case his wheel nuts are tamp[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

*Man drowning* Corbyn: "I've been very cle[…]