•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Give me the boy etc...

And, at sixteen, the alleged perpetrator is a still boy, albeit only just.

You can't fight fire with fire. You fight it with strategically planned fire-breaks and highly trained firefighters. This screams to me the case for restorative justice (assuming the family agrees, that is) where this little shite has every opportunity to flip his behaviours and his attitude through a complete 180°.

There will be calls to bang him up. That's the easy solution but it is no solution at all, as incarceration will probably make him worse.

There again, the cuts to the social infrastructure mean that there might not even exist the means to straighten him out.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
You're a more tolerant and reasonable man than me. I use to be better but I've reached a limit now. Everything inside me knows that the right response to this is to at least try and get to the root cause. Try and get this kid to understand that what he's doing is very very wrong in the hope that he'll change his ways. Then the other part of me sort of knows that he won't change because of the environment he's in and he should get a fucking thumping. I know that's wrong but I'm past the point of trying to 'go high when they go low'. It hasn't worked. They're getting worse.
Catkins liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Good schools have structures and procedures to deal with this. He may well be permanently excluded in order to give peace to his victim, but any decent authority will put him in a pupil referral unit with psychological support.
It won't mean much if his family/peers support his present behaviour, though.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:02 pm
It won't mean much if his family/peers support his present behaviour, though.

That's the niggling problem I have with it.

What if is parents say "ignore that lefty bollocks. Pretend to listen, take your punishment, but don't let those wet liberals brainwash you"? I know I don't have a clue what his parents are like but I'm happy to assume they aren't liberals who teach their children to welcome refugees.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Revealed: Teenager accused of 'water-board' attack on 15-year-old Syrian refugee is 'a Britain First supporter' who has shared posts from Tommy Robinson on Facebook
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... orter.html

I haven't got Facebook but I really won't be surprised if there's a few Daily Mail articles on his timeline as well.

Already being dismissed as "boys will be boys" and a simple playground scuffle by some Mailites under the previous article. Comments no longer allowed.

By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:43 pm
And the counter-claims are coming out that there's two sides to every story... One particularly vile wretch on Twitter said that the victim had molested his attacker's sister.
Has anybody rolled out the "I'd like to know what happened before the video started" posting yet?

By MisterMuncher
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:35 pm
davidjay wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:43 pm
And the counter-claims are coming out that there's two sides to every story... One particularly vile wretch on Twitter said that the victim had molested his attacker's sister.
Has anybody rolled out the "I'd like to know what happened before the video started" posting yet?

That's like the free radical of Twitter, drifting around looking for something to bind to. One day it'll actually appear on the original video.

By Catkins
There's now video circulating of Jaml's sister being beaten up on the school premises as well. Apparently the bullying of her over the past two years has been so bad she's attempted suicide. Those poor poor kids - they are just prey. The attackers in both videos are just so brazen. Not surprising if the school has continually done sweet FA.

By Malcolm Armsteen
The fucking police. They investigate, it's clear a crime has been committed but they 'refer it to the school for action'. The bastards, they do that all the fucking time. They've done it to me. It's just laziness and an unwillingness to act when what they really think is that the victims should just man up. And act like a fucking policeman, whack the bastard.

To say that the police don't take violence on and by kids seriously is a fucking understatement.
Catkins liked this
Labour, Generally.

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/132007787[…]

Boris Johnson

This won’t be a problem when the Tories wi[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

I'm reminded of the time the Tooting Popular Front[…]

Blue Labour

Paul makes a valid point on a problem that doesn&r[…]