Topics about a single subject's Daily Mail experience
:sunglasses: 100 %
  •  
By Lacuna
Membership Days Membership Days
Can't decide whether to laugh or cry!! Coming down on the side of spluttering anger aimed at Stephen Green and his ilk.

I almost wish the DM had let its readers spew a torrent of vile homophobic abuse because then we could get rid of the both of them! But then, no Mailwatch... :wink:
By Kate
The man is an unbalanced idiot who's "group" consists of himself & about 10 others and news of his arrest did make me smile.

However, I'm a little troubled that he's been arrested and charged for handing out leaflets. Unfortunately freedom of speech means hearing nutters like Green spouting off their nonsense. As long as his leaflet wasn't threatening then he should have been left to be laughed at, pointed at or simply ignored.

Having said that, he didn't want the makers of "Jerry Springer: The Opera" to exercise their freedom of speech did he?

I'm surprised (though relieved) that the Mail has thus far decided not to open the floodgates of homophobia by letting it's delightful readers vent their collective spleen.
By Lacuna
I agree with you Kate, handing out leaflets is not and should not be a criminal offence, and from what the article says, there was nothing inflammatory in them, just the usual 'repent, repent' nonsense.

However, the thought of him being locked up in a nice big jail full of big hairy men does make me smile... :lol:

By Killer Whale
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Kate wrote:I'm a little troubled that he's been arrested and charged for handing out leaflets. Unfortunately freedom of speech means hearing nutters like Green spouting off their nonsense. As long as his leaflet wasn't threatening then he should have been left to be laughed at, pointed at or simply ignored.
There's two sides to this. He was making a mild nuisance of himself. The police advised him that he should stop. He deliberately escalated the issue and got himself charged in order to make a point and the Police fell for it.

But what are the Police supposed to do? They could ignore him and hope that everyone else does, but they would get blamed if everything kicked off. At a time of high activity in the street, the main priority of the police is maintain order, and that is what they did.
By tuber
the reason for no comments is
Mr Green faces a court appearance today charged with using 'threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour' after his attempt to distribute the leaflets at the weekend 'Mardi Gras' event in Cardiff.
They do not allow comments on upcoming court cases for legal reasons.
By SteveR
Tuber's quote of the article:
Mr Green faces a court appearance today charged with using 'threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour' after his attempt to distribute the leaflets at the weekend 'Mardi Gras' event in Cardiff.
is probably the most important in the article. Not just because it shows the upcoming court case, but because it shows that the guy hasn't been arrested just for handing out leaflets, as the article says, but for "using 'threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour'".

Couple of other good bits in the article:
The leaflets also quoted Romans 1:25-27 from the New Testament, to the effect that homosexuals are given to 'vile affections'.
It'd be interesting to see if it quoted that section of the Bible as far as Romans 1:32:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Another good bit:
The Met Police in London also investigated former Muslim Council of Britain leader Sir Iqbal Sacranie after he gave an interview saying homosexuality was harmful. However, no prosecution followed in that case.
No prosecution followed in any of the other cases in the article, but the paper only points out that the one involving Muslims didn't get prosecuted, giving the impression that Muslims are treated more lightly.

God, I hate this nasty paper.
By Eurobloke
Kate wrote:Mediawatchwatch have more on the story, including a downloadable PDF version of the leaflet that dear Mr Green was wafting about.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the man has a rather unhealthy interest in gay sex? :wink:
It remains me of where Peter Tachell said that the biggest homophobic people are the biggest homosexuals.

By Killer Whale
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
larrylargesse wrote:Littlecock will write some 'hilarious'parody about Stephen Green
with Noddy being arrested by Pc plod for giving out anti Mr wobbly leatlets at the toy town mardis gra etc etc- you could t make it up
Big Ears will get done for speeding. While Plod is dealing with these 'otherwise law abiding' individuals, the Gollywogs will be taking over. There. We've written it for him. He doesn't need to make it up.
Nigel Farage

About that puking smiley... https://twitter.com/O[…]

Yep, he's past caring, I reckon. Seeing his time o[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Yep, I was going to post that. It's standard for p[…]

Actually, forget Corbyn and Skinner. This ought to[…]