•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I thought we had a thread like this (vs young people) but I can't seem to find it? Feel free to merge this if I'm just being blind.

'Dear Millennials, we have not been impressed so far': Frustrated theatre owners slate today's young workers in job advert for a 'grafter who can commit'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rkers.html

I imagine this salary, in London, doesn't help:

BrianDamage, London, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Not surprised. The school leavers we take on are useless. Yet teachers want more pay? Most of them can't even add up.
+347 -82
CHESTERMAN, CHESTER, 3 hours ago
I,m Afraid the person who commented saying:"he/she wouldn,t get out of bed for 20k,"says it all about this generation.
+337 -76
upnorth, burnley, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Ouch! Truth hurts. I am 68 in a part time job. I regularly am the last man standing as my 20 something colleagues have to rest because they are tired.
+300 -69
upnorth, burnley, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Again snowflakes offended by the truth. This guy has written this because this is their experience. The guy who wouldn't get out of bed for £20k, well this is why the benefits system is abused. Can work but don't want to. Just for the record, not all young people are like this but the ones who are have been made this way.
+221 -52

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Head teacher at £34,000-a-year Gresham School slams Snowflake generation as 'mollycoddled, entitled and spoilt'
  • Head teacher Douglas Robb hit out at younger generation as entitled and spoilt
    His comments came in interview for £34,000-a-year Gresham School's website
    Ex-pupils have responded calling Mr Robb 'negative' and his words 'worthless'
    Mr Robb defended his remarks adding students needed 'grit and determination'
    The Norfolk school educated famed poet W.H. Auden and actor Olivia Coleman
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html

The Mailites love this sort of thing:

TiswasKid, Brighton, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Totally agree. Take a day trip to Brighton and sit in any coffee shop frequented by this generation. Not only do they talk drivel but their so called worries are a joke. No I don't deliberately listen in. They are so loud you can't not hear it.
+502 -16
AE, Cheshire, 1 hour ago
100% right everyone knows their rights but no one remembers there duty to society
+402 -8
BrianDamage, London, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
3 cheers for Mr Robb!
+325 -6
Peter, Stockport, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Why is no-one surprised the "mollycoddled snowflakes" have responded in this manner.
+312 -14
stopatred, anywherebuthere, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
He's right but watch for the backlash on social media from the snowflakes he's talking about. Its about time these people realise that you have to work hard to get anywhere in life.
+287 -7
pixiepops, Preston, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
So he criticises the snowflake generation for being spoiled and detached from reality, and the snowflake generation are the ones offended! You can argue with a persons perspective without labelling their comments worthless, he has a much a right to his opinion as you do to yours and that is exactly his point, they absolutely can not take criticism!
+265 -1

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Can it! Teenager struggles to use a manual tin opener for the first time after the electric one broke - leaving his parents in fits of laughter
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pener.html

This isn't really an article about a tin opener.

Brit In USA, Memphis, 38 minutes ago
And we wonder why the YOUNGER generation voted to remain in the EU... They DO NOT HAVE A CLUE.....
+19 -3
Brylcreamboys, WORCESTER, United Kingdom, 59 minutes ago
Typical snowflake.Wonder which way he voted
+19 -12
Darth1 Stuttgrt, Stuttgart, 33 minutes ago
Sums up the youth of today!!!!!!.
+15 -2
Matt Price 1707, Rhondda, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Thats not hilarious. Its pathetic.
+47 -5
Jonathan Harris, None, United Kingdom, 41 minutes ago
I'd be embarrassed if I was the parents.
+23 -3
Maybe the fact that, by and large, the younger generation tend to consider the Mail a fascist rag read by cunts adds to its dislike of them?
Safe_Timber_Man, Watchman, spoonman and 1 others liked this
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:23 pm
Who, since the seventies, has an electric tin opener?
I think the crucial concept here is "small reference pools". I might open a thread on it. It's a feature of tabloid writing as is, but yeah, they all treat Abigails bloody Party as the high point of culture.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
They've been accused of being entitled, lazy and so right-on it's painful. Then there's the matter of their own mysterious language. Here is an A to Z guide on how to speak like a millennial.

The generation who can't remember life before mobiles are not just social media obsessed, they speak their own language. From 'kitten-fishing' to 'adulting', here's how to speak millennial!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... guage.html
The Trump Presidency

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/501[…]

Climate change and "politics"

No.

SNP

Ha ha ha, https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/statu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

A BBC2 documentary last Wednesday about Chavez w[…]