•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:35 pm
Tayto (NI) subcontract all the crisps for Tesco and maybe Sainsbury's too. The flavour mixes are different. I've heard the market for overpriced Tayto for Irish folk in England is pretty big, and they'd like to keep it that way.
They also own the Golden Wonder brand these days AFAIK. They've been building up a little empire over the past decade or so.

Back in primary school I went on a school trip to Tatyo Castle in Tandragee. It was a strangely dull experience.

Demand for a lot of Irish foodstuffs to their emigrants are high across the world and they'll pay plenty for it. A number of years back I was over in England and met up with a cousin of mine who was at uni there and I bought her over some food having spoke to her mother including some Tayto crisps, Fivemiletown cheese, Cookstown pork sausages and a bottle of C&C lemonade. She was nearly in tears when she seen them, she'd no idea I was bringing stuff over for her.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:39 pm
I use to quite like this (again to mothers disapproval):

Then tried it again recently because I'm a grown up and can eat sandwich spread if I want. It was fucking horrible.
It is, isn't it. I eat it from time to time.
At college the 'supper' left out for the inmates of the Halls of Residence was a couple of jars of this, a loaf of white sliced and some marg. Good when you's been down the pub.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:14 pm
spoonman wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:43 pm
Coincidentaly they should not be confused with Tayto crisps from the south whose cheese and onion are sold in mainly red bags.
That will have to be resolved before there can be a United Ireland.
At least Cadbury chocolate is the same in both jurisdictions now. Sadly, this was resolved by making it shit in both. Pre-Mondelez, my wife would have changed the locks had I been down south and not brought her back some.

That's before we get to Cidona (which is unfermented Magners cider) and Perri Cheese Popcorn, mind you...

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Stop mocking the snowflake generation – it’s OUR fault they can’t cope, so says 87-year-old novelist Fay Weldon in a provocative blast
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... -cope.html

Obviously the Mailites are having none of it:

TrumpOurTriumph, In Trump we Trust, United States, 11 hours ago
I don't know Fay Weldon, but she seems to be a nice woman. Unfortunately, she is a little delusional. Our fault? We didn't grow up with Facebook and Instagram. It's people like that lizard Mark Suckerberg that need to be held accountable!
+445 -119
Daymyo, London, United Kingdom, 10 hours ago
Two things >> 1) the internet and smart phones changed everything 2) PC coddling mentality and no accountability Transformed a generation like never before or again. Unprecedented and we are all suffering because of it
+443 -28
Cooke , San Diego , United States, 9 hours ago
Educators forcing their personal looney liberal views on young people at university's, colleges, schools. Political correctness, the smearing of red lines and diminishing moral standards in society have all had a negative impact on everyone, not just the young.
+318 -23
Winston Smith, Airstrip One, United Kingdom, 6 hours ago
This is what happens when kids go through a school system where everybody wins, nobody loses and, by the way, here's your medal just for turning up. It must be such a shock to grow up and find life isn't always fair.
+316 -17

I believe it's Andy McDandy who's pointed out that what really pisses these people off is that young people no longer mindlessly listen to and believe whatever they say, Here's a good example of that:

yoyololo, LONDON, United Kingdom, 10 hours ago
Never have I seen such disdain for people over sixty by the young.You are invisible to them, they don't think your opinions carry any weight, they patronise you and they wish you would die so they can have the cash.
+409 -72

So he's annoyed that young people don't think his opinions are worth shit. Let's have a look at a few of his opinions under other articles:
Comedy has been destroyed by the left wing extremists .
People who don't believe in democracy are not worth listening to , as they favoured the losing side , nothing worse than a bad loser .
You only have to look out the window in london , to see its getting worse not better .
Who cares what he says , the only reason abba was any good was because of the blonde bird was in it , not the music .

Yep. This is why young people ignore you, old timer.
By Andy McDandy
Also, previous generations could look at their elders and think "say what you like, they had it worse than us and fought a war. Respect.".

Not so now.
spoonman, Cyclist liked this
By Andy McDandy
Theyll acknowledge its not happening at tbeir local school, but you hear so much about it, dont you?

See also "now they've banned baa baa black sheep".
Timbo liked this

By MisterMuncher
I've actually had that conversation with a dad at the playgroup sports day. This despite the fact it visibly wasn't happening, and y'know, it's fucking playgroup, they're fucking three, give them a medal, you miserable cunt.

Same man is not best pleased that the primary school has a points system for good behaviour, letting the winning child pick a wee trinket every week. At least, he isn't happy about his kid not winning.

By cycloon
Same old. Champions of 'common sense' believe the story in their head over the evidence of their senses.

Hence you can read endless articles about hyper competitive sporting, economic, political and cultural fields, and still think society has lost all sense of competition, even as you watch your kid win first place in a race.
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:04 am
Stop mocking the snowflake generation – it’s OUR fault they can’t cope, so says 87-year-old novelist Fay Weldon in a provocative blast
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... -cope.html

Cooke , San Diego , United States, 9 hours ago
Educators forcing their personal looney liberal views on young people at university's, colleges, schools. Political correctness, the smearing of red lines and diminishing moral standards in society have all had a negative impact on everyone, not just the young.
+318 -23
Odd how countries and states that are "loony liberal" are generally more prosperous. California, New York, most of Western Europe and areas that are less loony liberal are poorer, central states of USA for example.

It will be tragic / interesting to see what happens here when we transition from a liberal country to one where the right-wing hold sway.

By MisterMuncher
The greengrocer's apostrophe in "Universities". [Chef's Kiss/]

Still, how do the right square the notion of society's moral standards being in terminal decline with the oft-stated horror that you can't even do a bit of gentle sexual harassment/racism these days without the liberal snowflakes going mental?
By Andy McDandy
Different concepts of morality. What I do is a bit of fun and a tease. What they do is little short of rutting in the street.

See comments elsewhere on the discrepancy between the behaviour of the rich and what they expected of the poor in olden tymes.

By Samanfur
Although I'd argue that it never really stopped. Behaviours of rich people - lavish weddings and holidays, expensive clothes, expensive health regimes, etc. - are presented as aspirational, but someone who isn't PLU trying to get them is still treated as grounds for public hostility and humiliation. The more so, the harder they're trying to do it.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Dawn of the snowflake 'iGen': Smartphones are creating a mentally fragile generation of millennials that are less likely to work, have a driver's licence and go on dates
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... ation.html

Blossom98, London, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
They have never known what was experienced during the First World War and claim PTSD if they don't have enough Instagram followers. They have no idea what real suffering is.
+223 -24
Harvey121, Ireland, Ireland, 3 hours ago
Its always stereo typical to look at the generations behind with frustration but honestly this lot are without the doubt the worst generation on young people since the dawn of humanity. Unaccountable, attention seeking. entitled, rude, little skinny jean weasels that value nothing and are full of arrogance even though they achieve and work hard for nothing and are useless to mediocre at everything they do because everything has been made easier or handed to them on a plate.
+187 -37
Inspector Brexit., That London, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Just to prove that they are brainless snowflakes - take the smartphone off them and see the reaction!
+160 -16
Hagbard, SAFFRON WALDEN, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Without a shadow of a doubt the most useless, idiotic generation ever spawned
+116 -28
Alt-right self-identifiers

Yeah, Sartre had it right. I don't think this i[…]

1:50am on Friday 22nd March and the petition now h[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

https://twitter.com/DamCou/status/1108798018218807[…]

Meanwhile in New Zealand

https://twitter.com/Bonn1eGreer/status/11088891148[…]