Topics about a single subject's Daily Mail experience
:sunglasses: 56.3 % ❤ 3.1 % :thumbsup: 7.8 % 😯 1.6 % :grinning: 25 % 🙏 1.6 % 😟 3.1 % :shit: 1.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Whoever released the story to the press on a Saturday evening clearly knew that the papers would use the story to produce those nasty vindictive headlines. Commentators who studied the details of the deal overnight generally thought that it was a fairly reasonable compromise but as we all know tabloid editors don't like compromise.
An interesting read.

There’s a reason why the royals are demonised. But you won’t read all about it

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... SApp_Other
I don't see the problem. Why on earth shouldn't royal spods who have "stepped back" trade on their royal status as a selling brand?
Abernathy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:41 am
I don't see the problem. Why on earth shouldn't royal spods who have "stepped back" trade on their royal status as a selling brand?

Doesn't look like it was a problem until the Mail dredged it up to attack Harry and Meg by proxy.
Safe_Timber_Man liked this
youngian wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:51 am
Abernathy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:41 am

Doesn't look like it was a problem until the Mail dredged it up to attack Harry and Meg by proxy.
Prexactly. As far as I'm concerned, Harry can go and do condom commercials for Canadian TV in order to earn his corn if he wants to, and get the job precisely because he is the artist formerly known as Prince Harry. It's no skin off Brenda's nose. Why should it be?
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:57 am
They'll pretend it cheapens the Institution or some bollocks, but as youngian pointed out they weren't the slightest bit arsed until now so it doesn't hold water.
I must have completely imagined those "By Royal Appointment" logos that appeared on everything from sugar cubes, HP sauce, Hunter wellies, Crown paint (She smells it everywhere), Tabasco sauce to Nash's Broomsticks (Even Princess Michael has to travel in style).
They aren't fucking around, are they?

mg1.JPG
mg1.JPG (40.05 KiB) Viewed 1556 times

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots

It comes after images of Meghan were published in the media showing her taking a stroll through a public park on Vancouver Island.

Lawyers for the couple claim these were taken without her consent - and that the photographer was hiding in the bushes and spying on her.

They also claim there were previous attempts to photograph them inside their home using long range lenses and that paparazzi were permanently camped outside their home.
The Tories, Generally

I really hate it when people talk about police an[…]

Boris Johnson

Them that can do... Absolutely, Winston. Look a[…]

Looks like a shite hell hole. But it isn’t h[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Well, impressive, if that's the word, for yet an[…]