•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's nothing new. Let's go back to 1984, shall we?

What we're looking for is around the four minute mark. It's basically the BBC1 Christmas ident for that year, spinning merrily whilst the National Anthem plays. You'll note that one of the three snow figures has breasts.

Insisted on by Michael Grade apparently. Although what I have more trouble getting my head around is the deal with that bizarre three-way cracker.

By KevS
The great Danny Baker hit the nail on the head when he described closedown (especially when they used to do it during the day) as the broadcasters saying "Look, we haven't got anything worth showing at the moment, so why don't you go and do something else for a while, and we'll see you back here for Play School."

But, nature abhors a vacuum, and consequently, these days, we have Bargain Hunt.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
The Mail are Mailites very exciting at the drop in ratings of Doctor Who...

Doctor Who ratings drop to 6.1 million viewers for latest episode after series high of 8.2 million for the opener... as some viewers brand the show 'too PC'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... llion.html

When I saw the headline I had suspicions that they weren't being entirely forthcoming. And indeed, context is key:

For the whole of Doctor Who's Modern Era, each season has seen a drop in ratings as they've progressed, while Christmas specials have provided many highs....
Doctor Who S11 ratings

The Woman Who Fell To Earth – 8.2m

The Ghost Monument – 7.1m

Rosa – 6.4m

Arachnids In The UK – 6.4m

The Tsuranaga Conundrum – 6.1m

...Peter Capaldi's outing as the Twelfth had the lowest ratings for the show, by far, as his final season averaged 5.5 million viewers overall, with a high of 6.68 million viewers, and a low of 4.73 million.

So actually, it's more popular than last season's Doctor Who. Still, you can't expect thick Mailites to grasp that.

Bloomoof1, Basingstoke, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Correct. It's cringe inducing. A BBC tick box exercise. Blindingly obvious and just very transparent. Shame . It's ruined JW opportunity to shine....
+265 -8
Mygrandadfought4this, Carlisle, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
The British Brainwashing Corporation
+214 -4
N1c0le, G Manchester, 3 hours ago
There's no cleverness in this series, it's poor lazy Science Fiction with a hefty dollop of PC agenda. Who wants to watch that? You should watch the programme and then a few days later think oh that's what it was about, not thud here comes this weeks agenda.
+194 -3
Götterdämmerung, London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
As many predicted the at the opening despite the strident PC brigades nauseatingly gushing reviews, the series is tanking. PC brigade stop hijacking beloved mail characters just create your own!
+89 -1
Brick bird, Cooden, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Far to pc and a little boring
+69 -6
Adele Steele, Barnsley, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Personally, yes Doctor Who has gone too PC, but to be fair it is perfect for the 'snowflake generation', but just 'alienates' (sorry), everyone else!
+49 -1

By KevS
The Sun is having a pop as well. Nothing to do with the fact that it's possibly the flagship show on BBC1 and creates a lot of money through merchandising an overseas sales, oh no.

It's a British success story. Thought we were supposed to get behind them?

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
One father, Simon Gurd, raged: 'Put CBeebies on for my daughter and they are referring to "snowpeople".

'More PC garbage and indoctrination from the BBC. Another reason to abolish the licence fee.'

Yeah, right; like the second you turn on a children's TV show and you immediately notice that they are referring to "snow-people"
Dominic Cummings

As I read it the geography teacher was acting with[…]

Labour, Generally.

Rosie Duffield: Is low profile and therefore eas[…]

Technical Support Issues - Post here

Cool. The service you get here is pretty first-r[…]

Meanwhile in America

What a bunch of twats. https://twitter.com/Selena[…]