•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
His problem with Rowling is based on someone not liking the way one of her books turned out and JKR saying basically "tough titties, I wrote it that way" as I recall. And yet strangely JK was the bad guy in that scenario.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
For Rose McGowan, research Victor Salva and the disgusting hypocrite she is becomes apparent.
I actually looked up the interview McGowan gave and this is what she said
Well, Salva is a convicted and registered sex offender, which might account for some social awkwardness.
Yeah, I still don’t really understand the whole story or history there, and I’d rather not, because it’s not really my business. But he’s an incredibly sweet and gentle man, lovely to his crew, and a very hard worker.
So this means that what she said about Weinstein has no bearing because? Oh and can you provide examples of Rowling's rudeness and arrogance?
Last edited by The Weeping Angel on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By bluebellnutter
"Get women out of sport" says man who I would put money on choking his chicken over some of the ones who participate in it.
By satnav
Membership Days Posts
More lady bashing from Amanda Platell

Fiona Bruce doesn't have the cunning, political nous or ferocity to command the Question Time bear pit
As the presenter of the Antiques Roadshow, Fiona Bruce should be able to differentiate between a priceless chalice and a poisoned one.

One of the most eloquent, intelligent and gracious faces on TV, she has been offered the job of presenting Question Time, taking over from David Dimbleby who has held the chair for nearly a quarter of a century.

My advice? Don’t take it, Fiona!

It’s not that she’s not clever enough, she is. But replacing DD — an antique himself — is the most daunting prospect. As a long-time QT panellist, I have been a fierce critic of Dimbleby, yet I concede he has in his little finger more political knowledge than all of his guests combined.

Question Time is the only serious political programme that provides a platform for proper debate, pitting minister against shadow minister. Where panellists do battle with each other as well as the formidable and often baying audience.

It is a bear pit. Do Fiona’s virtues prepare her for that? Does she have the forensic political insight for the job? I suspect not, even though she cut her teeth on Panorama and Newsnight and was the first woman presenter on a BBC election broadcast.
In any case, would she really want to win the race when men were not included in the heats? Yes, Nick Robinson was a token male candidate but the achingly PC Beeb was never going to give the job to a man.

What joy is there in winning the top prize when 50 per cent of the candidates can’t compete? Andrew Neil, Robert Peston, John Pienaar, to name but a few — all excluded because of their sex. And much as I adore Fiona, does she really match up to Laura Kuenssberg or Emily Maitlis?

Question Time is the toughest of gigs for the presenter. It doesn’t require poise but cunning, political nous and a ferocity and command I suspect Fiona does not possess.
The job is not so much herding cats, as being ringmaster to starving lions ready to bite each others’ heads off. It’s not the Antiques Roadshow. This is politics in the raw, where everyone believes they know all the answers.

It is, and should be, forensic, fierce, formidable. That’s not Fiona Bruce. She’ll be a butterfly broken on the unrelenting wheel of politics.

Or does the BBC have some dastardly plan to turn QT into a nice, friendly chat? In which case three million viewers will turn off.

As a QT regular, I still get calls from politicians asking for advice before they go on. Apart from being on top of your brief, the key thing is to breathe calmly and smile. Advice not taken by the first woman I counselled, a Shadow Education Minister, one Theresa May.
Given Dimbleby's mediocre performances in recent years Fiona Bruce will be a definite improvement.

By davidjay
satnav wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:56 pm
More lady bashing from Amanda Platell

Fiona Bruce doesn't have the cunning, political nous or ferocity to command the Question Time bear pit
As a QT regular, I still get calls from politicians asking for advice before they go on.
I don't think so.
By Andy McDandy
I read a thing, perhaps on here, that what changed QT forever was the expenses scandal. It turned from debate between the panel to an extended assault from the audience. And the programme makers had what any TV producer wants, seemingly spontaneous conflict, red in tooth and claw but arguably not contrived or set up (yeah, sure).

It's not serious debate, it's sneer TV. Sneer at the thick gammons in the audience, sneer at the slimy politicians on the panel, sneer at the daft trot still fighting the 1983 election, sneer at the We Done Had a Row people struggling with ideas and words just outside their grasp. That's all it is. Cheaper than the Generation Game and you don't have to book a band or give away any prizes.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Scroll down, kids. Stig has more information. Wh[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Continuing form my rant about 6" and 15"[…]

Team Bercow!! It's about time somebody pulled the[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/18/15/111424[…]