•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Catkins
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's interesting that the Labourlist journalist is calling Duffield racist and fascist (or at least fash-adjacent) for saying only women have a cervix as it's a recent development I've noticed. Shouting 'Terf' doesn't work as well anymore as literally anything can be transphobic. So Terfs are now fascist as they argue the reality of sex, which is of course the same as the fascists arguing for sex roles, and Terfs are also racist as before colonialism all brown people embraced multi-gender third spirit fluid gender identities and whatnot before racists forced them into a sex binary.

There's now a concerted effort by the TRAs to argue that the Harry Potter books are anti-semitic (because goblin bankers), as shouting 'Terf' at Rowling hasn't cancelled her.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22harry%2 ... ery&f=live
oboogie liked this

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
As I've already said, if these people are serious about getting the public on-side ref trans rights they really aren't going about it the right way.

Dale Carnegie wrote a whole book about winning friends and influencing people in the right way. These twats have learned how to make enemies and influence people the wrong way in a few minutes by just opening their stupid gobs.

With friends like these the Trans Rights people are almost beaten before they start.

By davidjay
mr angry manchester wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:33 pm
I think the same applies to extinction rebellion on green issues. They're another group of stupid mouthy twats who are good at pissing people off.
You beat me to it. Good ideas let down by bad actions.

By Abernathy
"De-fund" seems to be the nonsensical jargon word of the moment, the latest to wend its sorry way across the atlantic. We've has "de-fund" the police, now it's "de-fund" the BBC.

I'd quite like to "de-bollock" the wanker responsible for this.
oboogie liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Can you also de bollock the wanker responsible for "train station" as well while you're at it? IT'S A FUCKING RAILWAY STATION!!!
Cyclist, oboogie liked this

By Boiler
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:05 pm
"De-fund" seems to be the nonsensical jargon word of the moment, the latest to wend its sorry way across the atlantic. We've has "de-fund" the police, now it's "de-fund" the BBC.

I'd quite like to "de-bollock" the wanker responsible for this.
Nah.

De-capitate.

By AOB
mr angry manchester wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:56 pm
And they wonder why working class voters go to right wing populists.
Open discourse is the best way to bring about change. As Obama pointed out on the video I uploaded in the random thread, pouncing on people for using the "wrong" verb is not the way to go about it. And people are being attacked not for hateful views but merely having different views to their attackers. This leads to fear of expression and therefore silence, and gravitating to the populists who ironically hold different views on many issues to their own. The likes of Hopkins and Robinson, for example, invite and encourage racism, hostility and aggression, and still currently stand out as vile for this reason, but in 20 years time will students or young people looking at this period just see them as being in the "have nots" if you like, of a pool of people expressing different views to what was deemed "correct" in 2020, like JK Rowling, when she couldn't be further from them in every way. The danger is hateful views, like from those two, isn't differentiated now from opposing views.

As often as I have wished the Mail to disappear over the years, it has brought about discussion and criticism on various media platforms, and that criticism enlightens people, particularly younger people, who read these counter views. Views should be in the open, or they end up materialising in the form of votes for right wing populists.

By davidjay
And the huge difference is that Robinson & Hopkins will say "We're on your side," Farage & co will say "We're on your side, vote for us," and the student debating society will say "Fuck off and vote Tory".

By Scarlet emperor
Interesting debate on this in the English department of a school where I worked. One teacher was arguing that the children should be taught the pronouns 'he'and 'she' were outdated as the whole idea of gender was offensive. Head of department dealt very eloquently with it by saying that if the idea was non-judgemental acceptance of all people that was great, but what if a little Muslim boy from a very traditional upbringing was sitting in the class. Were his feelings and beliefs being considered? If not, then what was being taught was not open minded at all.
Think that sums up my feelings too.

By Catkins
It's not pandering to conservative Muslims to acknowledge he and she pronouns. In many ways the trans activists are pandering to the worst religious stereotypes - if you do X it means you are a girl, if you do Y, you are clearly a boy. (and I was sent to Catholic school so I was exposed to this regressive gender stereotype bollocks for years).

Anyway, regardless of whether you agree with me, there are over 5000 tweets (now backed by Owen Jones), many of those from Labour activists , and Labour-affiliated organisations calling for Rosie Duffield to lose the whip / face deselection / be re-educated for saying only women have a cervix. They are not going to campaign for Labour until it is purged of those who disagree with them.

The Lib Dems and Greens are doing the same.

The Tories must be pissing themselves laughing.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

I think I gave you a hug for that post by mistake.

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

If they're pulling a stroke, Team Starmer aren't g[…]

Roll Call

There's a lot of echoes of Mrs. B. in 2008 for[…]

Matthew Hancock

Lies, corruption, cronyism and blatant so what? If[…]