•  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
lord_kobel wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:34 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:52 pm
The matter now, it seems to me and I may be wrong, comes down to self-identification, and cases where non-trans men - some wearing beards ffs - have entered women's spaces and justified that by 'self identifying'.
So cis men acting like pricks.
But, if they are self identifying as women, then they are women, remember?

"But transwomen are women, not men. That's the point." Lord Kobel
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
She's now being destroyed because she has stated that she doesn't believe in kids being on puberty blockers and all kinds of drugs that they may later come to regret.

Regarding some of the tweets, I do not recognize the term "cisgender". There are men, women and transgender. I'm not in favour of changing language and the definition of the sexes based on the feelings of under 1% of people. Be whatever you want, don't force others to change or adapt their identities though.

By Malcolm Armsteen
An article for certain people to ponder.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53330105
Some 150 writers, academics and activists - including authors JK Rowling, Salman Rushdie and Margaret Atwood - have signed an open letter denouncing the "restriction of debate".
They say they applaud a recent "needed reckoning" on racial justice, but argue it has fuelled stifling of open debate.
The letter denounces "a vogue for public shaming and ostracism" and "a blinding moral certainty".
Several signatories have been attacked for comments that caused offence.
"The free exchange of information and ideas, the lifeblood of a liberal society, is daily becoming more constricted," says the letter.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
An interesting article on how her fans have turned against her.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... ng/613870/
Younger Millennials—those born around 1990, the same time as Harry Potter’s lead actors Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson—feel just as strongly about transgender rights. To many of them, it is the social-justice cause, their generation’s revolutionary idea. They see little difference between the objections of some older left-wing feministsto the idea that individuals alone decide their gender, and those of social conservatives: Both groups are reactionary, trapped in outdated concepts of what it means to be a man or a woman.

And Millennials dominate the Harry Potter fandom, a community large enough to have spawned hundreds of thousands of pieces of fan fiction. So it is unsurprising that two major fan sites, The Leaky Cauldron and MuggleNet, have distanced themselves from the books’ author, J. K. Rowling, after she argued last month that “woman” should remain a biological category. The two sites announced last week that they will remove her photograph from their sites, stop linking to her website and writing about her other endeavors, and tag Twitter posts that include news about her with the hashtag #JKR, so users can filter out triggering content from their social-media feeds. To preserve their love of Harry Potter, its fans must erase its author. Rowling, like Voldemort, is so evil that even mentioning her violates a taboo: She Who Must Not Be Named. (Dumbledore would not have approved of this practice. As he tells Harry in The Sorcerer’s Stone, “Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.”)

By Malcolm Armsteen
I'm a big fn of Rowling's other work, as Robert Galbraith - the Cormoran Strike detective novels. It's a big month coming up, as the fifth novel is due to be published in September and the BBC adaptation of the 4th is due in August.

Being at a loose end these past 20 weeks or so I've just re-read the four published novels so far. The last, Lethal White, is interesting, as our heroes end up investigating a Spartalike movement. There are a couple of descriptions of an old man, skinny with a wispy beard, a Mao cap and a Che Guevara tee shirt.

He first appears at an anti-Olympics meeting:
An elderly man wearing a Mao cap and a wispy, greying beard was standing just outside the glass doors with a pile of leaflets in his hand. As Strike approached, the man, whose T-shirt bore the washed-out face of Che Guevara, eyed him askance. Though tieless, Strike’s Italian suit struck an inappropriately formal note. When it became clear that the community centre was Strike’s destination, the leaflet-holder shuffled sideways to bar the entrance.
Then later he is intimated to be shagging a young girl at a party:
the bathroom door opened a crack and a plump, red-faced young girl peeked out. Behind her, Robin saw a man with a wispy grey beard replacing his Mao cap.‘Larry, you filthy old bastard,’ said Jimmy, grinning as the red-faced girl scuttled past Robin and disappeared into the dark room after Digby. ‘Evening, Jimmy,’ said the elderly Trotskyist, with a prim smile, and he, too, left the bathroom to a couple of cheers from the young men outside.
I wonder if this might have some bearing on the Corbynistas' dislike of her?

By The Red Arrow
It was the scene in 'Harry Potter And The Cash Cow Of Shite' where the big, white-haired guy who spoke like a pirate and wore a Fenerbahçe shirt threw a Molotov cocktail through the orphanage window whilst singing "Oh, Jeremy Corbyn" to the tune of 'Seven Nation Army' that was the last straw for me.
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
An "I love JK Rowling" poster (that's all it said) was taken down in Edinburgh today because of wickle feelings - yes, someone took offence.

Rather than telling these children to actually grow up and accept the fact that many love Rowling for her work, how she's helped young women and girls etc and that the entire universe doesn't revolve around their wickle feelings and that we have to accept things we don't like sometimes (Lord knows, I have to accept the Tories), they have capitulated.

So, now, just suggesting that you like JK Rowling is considered "hateful". Well done to these fucking WOKE cunts because this is on them.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
Was thinking about this yesterday.

For a long time, JKR was a darling of the left - she was very vocal about how the welfare state had helped her when she was broke, and how as a wealthy woman she felt a duty to pay her taxes to help others. She was quoted saying as such on many sites.

But now, even if she said the same, shed get ignored, She's become almost an unperson. No matter how valid her point, no matter how well made, nobody on the woke left will quote her on it. Because of one area of opinion where she stepped out of line.

Its similar to Blair. When he makes his well argued timely interventions on, say Brexit, or how coronavrirus should be handled, you know the only response will be 'Yeahbutiraq....'

Its as though its no longer possibly to agree with someone on somethings while disagreeing with them on others....
Dan, davidjay, spoonman liked this

By Kreuzberger
This use of "woke" as a pejorative loses none of its ability to get right up my fuckin beak.

Being awake to issues which could make the world a better place is not a sin. Much like doing good.
Schmee liked this

By Andy McDandy
The other day I asked a friend what was the difference between bisexual and pansexual, because as far as I could see, both meant that provided there was mutual attraction and no other complications, one could be attracted to anyone regardless of gender.

Hoo boy.

Did I not know that some people don't have a gender? That some people have no sexuality, or only feel platonic love for people, or feel that bisexuality implies a desire for sexual congress that not everyone wants?

I'm always afraid of coming over all LIttlejohn, but sometimes...

It's all Macron's fault, apparently. Who'da thunk […]

Sir Keir Starmer

Starmer is going into self-isolation after an aide[…]

Labour, Generally.

A lot picking up on The Corebot's errant apostroph[…]

Boris Johnson

Inclined to agree myself, although "the malic[…]