•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 pm
I've got to 60 without having to bother about this stuff so I think I'll leave it alone!

There's a similar precedent in my family, my gran got to the age of 91 before she knew what a lesbian was. She found out via the News of the World. At our house one sunday in about 1975 she suddenly addressed my Dad with "Jack, what's a lesbian?" Mum went red, I started laughing, Dad replied with "nowt you need to bother about" and the matter rested.

A couple of weeks later, she asked again "it were in 't paper again about em, what are they?"

This time he enlightened her

The response was "the mucky buggers!"
I so wanted that response to be, "The lucky buggers!"

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Psst If you want to appear you have right on your side don't burn the books of people you disagree with becasue and I hate to all go all Godwin but it kinda makes you look like a Nazi.

https://www.newsweek.com/jk-rowling-boo ... es-1532330
A new TikTok trend has emerged this week as former "Harry Potter" fans protest author J.K. Rowling's widely criticized views on trans people by burning copies of her books.

One video, posted by TikTok user @elmcdo shows a number of "Harry Potter" books being placed on a burning pyre.

"You have to stop using 'death of the author' as an excuse to have your cake and eat it too," the voiceover says. "While the reader's perspective is an important part of interpretation and meaning, it is impossible to completely divorce a work fro
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
These people are fucking nuts. Absolutely batshit insane. While the social justice movement may have started with good intentions, it's not chock full of completely insane, deranged lunatics having a continuous squealing tantrum because they can't have everything their own way because others may think differently.

One Tweet, it was a while back but:

"daniel radcliffe is a genius that wrote the harry potter series all by himself before smelly coochie rowling copied all his work and published it in her name instead".

These people arguing that they aren't delusional, wanting to be treated like adults and that they're mature and sane?

Yeah. Jesus Christ.

I'm also beginning to subscribe to the theory that the reason they've gone batshit crazy is because J.K. Rowling won't come back, on her hands and knees, crying, kissing their feet and promising to "do better" and she's too big for them to "cancel". Their rampant narcissism is not being pandered to and they hate it.

This is, obviously, a small minority of trans activists and not representative of trans people in general.

By oboogie
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Dan wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:58 pm

"daniel radcliffe is a genius that wrote the harry potter series all by himself before smelly coochie rowling copied all his work and published it in her name instead".
I'm calling Poe on that. Daniel Radcliffe (born July 1989) was a month shy of his 8th birthday when the first Harry Potter book was published (June 1997) and the whole series was completed by the time he was 18.
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
For fuck's sake.

Eddie Redmayne is cancelled, met with screaming abuse on social media, called all the names under the sun and met with screaming, vicious venom.

Why?

He's stated that the threats of rape and death against BOTH trans people and J.K, Rowling are disgusting and wrong. He hasn't rowed back on what he said in June, at all.

The reaction?

Anti trans, scum, killer of trans people worldwide, an incitement to violence.

Jesus Christ, are these people actually far-right operatives who are trying to turn people against trans people? Seriously, these utter fucking idiots are doing more harm to trans people long term than anyone I can think of.

It falls on anyone pro human rights to dismiss these fucking twats and force them out of any reasoned discussion or movement.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
This has nothing to do with trans rights or any other subject. It is purely the phenomenon of social media that enables insignificant people to vent their collective spleen.

Best ignored unless you are a newspaper editor interested in gilt-edged clicks.

By Bones McCoy
oboogie wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:05 pm
Dan wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:58 pm

I'm calling Poe on that. Daniel Radcliffe (born July 1989) was a month shy of his 8th birthday when the first Harry Potter book was published (June 1997) and the whole series was completed by the time he was 18.
But maybe he was a child genius; like Ben Shapiro is.

By bluebellnutter
Dan wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:03 pm
He's stated that the threats of rape and death against BOTH trans people and J.K, Rowling are disgusting and wrong.
It's funny isn't it, normally they're all for "let's condemn both sides" when it comes to some things.
Dan liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Catkins wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:14 am
The author Amanda Craig signed the letter to the Times a few days ago condemning threats against JKR. She was immediately sacked from a judging panel as this action made another judge 'uncomfortable'.
The judge in queston has this to say.

https://www.thebookseller.com/news/msle ... ns-climate
The Tories, Generally

As someone said on there, paraphrased - the worst[…]

US election 2020

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1319672735035[…]

Priti Patel

Oh my God. It's a rather high profile case, at a r[…]

Peter Hitchens

And extremely intelligent, and a critical thinker.