•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:40 pm

It wasn't a smart arsed remark, it was me pointing out he wanted to murder a random and therefore innocent man purely because of the colour of his skin.
Which we already knew. And for which there was absolutely no fucking need whatsoever. I had already outlined the facts of the matter in the original post. What other purpose did you have in "pointing out" those facts again, other than to make a smart-arsed remark?
Yes he did admit shame at what he thought, but

Oh, so NOW you're making a stab at some rational debate?
when did we start saying well done because because they wanted to kill people because of the colour of their skin?
Well, we never did. Of COURSE we never fucking did, you bovine idiot.
As this piece from Gary Younge points out black life isn't valued the same way white life is.
Well done. You've found someone possessed of several billion more brain cells than you to engage in the debate that I was actually seeking without having to do it yourself, so all may not be lost.

But that seems just to be your style, doesn't it? Incapable of independent intelligent opinion or debate. Why didn't you think about the sort of issues Younge raises before you posted your moronic and insulting first post? Or before you made the fucking gigantically fatuous point that I quote above ?

It's because you are a fucking bell-end. Get out of my sight.
oboogie liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:56 pm
lord_kobel wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:49 pm
Knock it off, both of you.
He fired the first shots. I have every right to retaliate against that twat.
At least do it with some style, dear boy.

(I thought bell end was generous)
Abernathy liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Might be a good idea for the weeping wotsit to read this.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/f ... -black-man
The interviewer gives every indication that Neeson is conscious of the gravity of what he is saying. She quotes him as saying: “It was horrible, horrible, when I think back, that I did that. And I’ve never admitted that, and I’m saying it to a journalist. God forbid.”

His breath reportedly “trembles” as he continues: “It’s awful. But I did learn a lesson from it, when I eventually thought, ‘What the fuck are you doing?’”
I mentioned Ian Wright (MBE) earlier. His take was both nuanced and forgiving, he reckons that there is inherited (and hidden) racism in all of us. I would have said 'most', and then I remembered Gandhi; Kohlberg Level 7.

Wright said that in very extreme circumstances (for most) that reaction might arise. The trick was recognising and dealing with it. As, he said, Neeson had done.

We all react to stereotypes to some extent, even the most self-aware.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
I'm going to put my cards on the table and say know I stand by what I said, Neeson deserves everything he gets, far from being attacked by the media he's being protected by it. What he admitted to doing was a to lynch a black person. Countless black people ended up being lynched because they were seen as a threat to white women. This wasn't 70s racism this was 50s Deep South racism.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
lord_kobel wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:49 pm
Knock it off, both of you.
Best you restate the rules of engagement here, since you are the one who seems to be the custodian thereof.

Cunt X
Prick ✓

One might presume that "bell end" also warrants a ✓given its derivative nature. Thing is, though, being called a bell end twice might justify a "cunt" retort, and that is perhaps a debate that we should have. At length. While waiting for you to go full mike-drop with all the drama of Solomon but little of the wisdom.

Until then, a period of reflection would be most appreciated.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:38 pm
I'm going to put my cards on the table and say know I stand by what I said, Neeson deserves everything he gets, far from being attacked by the media he's being protected by it. What he admitted to doing was a to lynch a black person. Countless black people ended up being lynched because they were seen as a threat to white women. This wasn't 70s racism this was 50s Deep South racism.
You want to have a go at that so it makes sense?

The thought may be father to the deed, but if the thought is acknowledged by the thinker to be wrong and the deed uncommitted then where is the crime?

I think more honesty and less bluster would be a good thing.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:38 pm
I'm going to put my cards on the table and say know I stand

Eh?
by what I said, Neeson deserves everything he gets, far from being attacked by the media he's being protected by it.

Was he really being "attacked" by the media? My point was simply that his remarks had been subject to over-reaction. And what does he "deserve"? Vilification by thickos who do not understand the astonishingly simple point that his past life entailed some rather confused twattish thinking, but that he has learned from that and it now has no bearing on his life? Well, no, I really don't think that he deserves that.
What he admitted to doing was a to (sic) lynch a black person. Countless black people ended up being lynched because they were seen as a threat to white women. This wasn't 70s racism this was 50s Deep South racism.
Yes, we know that (though your deep south analogy is perhaps stretching a point). We already knew that was wrong. We're not a class of fucking six year olds. And we already knew what Liam Neeson said he did. Do you actually have a point?

I respectfully suggest you take your cards back off the table.
Aaron Bastani

He's trying to win Uncle Seamus's approval. https[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

If we're honest we are really facing a "glove[…]

Climate change and "politics"

Well done to those kids who went on strike today. […]

The Trump Presidency

He has declared a national emergency on salad (veg[…]