•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
My suspicion ... is that the relentless pursuit of News International journalists and factotums was motivated more by a visceral loathing of Rupert Murdoch, who is seen by some deranged sections of the left as satanic, than any grave worries about invasion of privacy. I've never met Roop, either, by the way, although I do work for the bloke, I suppose.
That's Rod.

He's proper Old Labour, like he says.
He has a point which is why Mailwatch is here to remind people to share their visceral loathing with Murdoch's rivals as well.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
You can't even have a go at poofs and nig nogs these days with the political correct Guardian readers getting on their high horse
Tim Farron, an evangelical Christian, is the victim of a secular inquisition
This is why we do not see more ordinary people in politics: the elite do not approve of their opinions

I wonder who will win the battle for Tim Farron’s soul — the Guardianistas or God? This is assuming that God gives a monkey’s either way. I know that He is supposed to care very deeply about all of our souls, but this is the leader of the Liberal Democrats we’re talking about. ‘Eight seats? Eight seats? You want I should care about someone with just eight seats? Farron, schmarron.’ (Yes, I know, this is God as a slightly camp New York Jew. Apologies to all of those possibly offended.
http://www.spectator.co.uk/columnists/r ... -on-to-him" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I see Rod Liddle as a slightly greasy Richard Littlejohn tribute act with bad hair. Apologies to all of those possibly offended.

By bluebellnutter
"Brain-dead, metropolitan, liberal left"

If we ignore the "brain dead" bit as being that would automatically render the others irrelevant given corpses tend not to be able to hold strident political opinions any longer, he's basically got a grudge against people who aren't authoritarian and live in towns. Which is just weird.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I am surprised the Mail haven't gone after it yet. So far their reports on the exhibition have been fairly neutral. They had a bit of a wobble over the Princess Diana reference but they've been fairly quiet in general about it.

I do think someone will be tasked with the hatchet job soon, though. I'm thinking Letts.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
"Call that art? I could do have done better as a 12 yr old spray canning the wall. But we wouldn't as the local copper would give us a clip round the ear in those days. I liked that Rolf Harris though, he was a proper painter"

Banksy is popular all over the country with all sorts of people. He's going all Paul Nuttalls with lefty metropolitan ponces stuff.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
And what's the 'mocks the working class' about? I know Liddle is just trying to get the readership onside by saying 'look, this lefty is taking the piss out of you...HATE HIM!' but I can't see what he could possibly use as an example of it. As far as I'm aware, it's the establishment, big corporations and the media Banksy takes swipes at.
By Andy McDandy
It's appealing to the inner 14 year old in his readership.

Apologies for going over old ground, but it works like this - up to about the age of 14, it's generally the bigger kids who are more popular at school. Not academically at the top, but that doesn't really matter. Then comes 14, and GCSEs, and suddenly the academic kids shoot past. There's also a cultural divide about to happen too, between what we in our town called the rockers and the ravers. The rockers were the kids who expressed an interest in the wider world, had a generally broader range of interests, longer hair, into weird music and so on. The ravers (or townies or whatever you called them) tended to be content to live their life in one place, had narrower horizons, less cultural awareness, and let's be honest were generally a bit thicker.

So, off we went to 6th form and on to university, and when we came back at holiday time we ran into our former classmates. They were working or whatever, but they envied us because we had gone to exciting places, and talked about things they didn't know about, and had hot girlfriends from faraway places like Ipswich, and they were sat there thinking "How come Specky McPastry has shot past me? It's not fair!".

Liddle is a perfectly intelligent man. He just knows that there's an audience for this stuff - the "Think they're fucking clever? Bet they can't modify a Ford Fiesta" crowd. And that's a big old crowd.
The Trump Presidency

It must be very hard to communicate effectively wi[…]

Boris Johnson

And I've no doubt that Mutti is speaking for all o[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Corbyn’s liberationist politics are not hard[…]

The Sun

THE SUN SAYS Us Brits aren’t negotiating wi[…]