•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:58 am
What's all the serving army soldier bollocks for are they exempt from parking tickets?
Squaddies, or vets, should be exempt from all vehicle laws, get free public transport, be allowed into any event, venue or attraction without paying and they should be able to pop into any corner shop of their choice for a newspaper and/or a packet of fags while their wives are entitled to pick up a few bits of shopping, both without charge.
We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Tommy, fall be'ind,"
But it's " Please to walk in front, sir," when there's trouble in the wind
There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
O it's " Please to walk in front, sir," when there's trouble in the wind.

By davidjay
The oft-forgotten subtext of Tommy is that he knew he was no saint, "We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too," but rather, an ordinary man doing a job. And most squaddies I've ever met are the same - they want a bit of respect and a decent life post-service but the deification of the military leaves them cold.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Eastbourne man furious after being ‘killed off’ by the council
Eastbourne Borough Council said the council tax and electoral records have been corrected. A spokesperson said, “We are sorry that an initial mistake was made regarding Mr Burgoyne’s records. We have now fully investigated the issue and a response has been sent to Mr Burgoyne.”
https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news ... -1-8616337

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Some serious sad facing on my doorstep
Cambridgeshire road branded one of county's bumpiest - despite FIVE WEEKS of improvement works

A motorist says the road linking Haddenham to Earith is so bumpy it gives people "near whiplash" on a daily basis - even after it was closed for five weeks for improvements.

Warehouse worker David Pilsworth, 24, from Willingham, says he travels on the A1123 Hill Row Causeway most days and it is "definitely one of the worst roads I've been on".

Despite a five-week closure for improvements to the route, David said he was shocked to find when it reopened on Wednesday (October 17) the condition of the road had barely changed.

He decided to contact Cambridgeshire County Council because he is concerned the uneven surface could cause a serious accident. https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/c ... 3UhO_WqjT0
Attachments
Haddenham sad face 1.JPG
Haddenham sad face 1.JPG (98.63 KiB) Viewed 1836 times

By Samanfur
Gloucestershire Brexiteer tries to avoid conviction by arguing police are 'badly trained dummies'
He pleaded not guilty to obstructing police - despite admitting he obstructed police

Speaking to Gloucestershire Live after the trial, Timbrell said he does not consider himself a ‘freeman on the land’ – a term used by people who say they have ‘opted out’ of the law.

Asked how he would define himself, he said: “I am a person who is extremely knowledgeable about the law.”

Unprompted, he added: “I agree with the sentiments of UKIP and Brexit, but not the way the Government is going about it.”

By MisterMuncher
Well, he didn't go for the usual first defence of the Freeman types, that of insisting on using a weird rendition of their name, to distinguish it from the straw/paper/legal person, nor did he insist that the court was under naval law because it's a ship (really. I'm not making this up), but the rest of it? Oh aye. Vintage Freeman shit.
Boiler liked this
Diane Abbott

Fenton in full deflection mode there.

Claire Fox

I knew what Claire Fox was going to say on AQs a[…]

The Biased BBC

https://twitter.com/JMPSimor/status/11193573806161[…]

Daily Express headline today

Sat nav WARNING: Police warn drivers about this […]