•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Typical middle class grumble, expect to see it in the Mail soon enough

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1739846 ... ef=mr&lp=1

Can't copy the picture unfortunately but there are two separate ones of him and the receipt, so not a classic
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
Sadfacing with a side order of racism.

Woman tells council she'd "rather die" than lose her beloved fireplace

https://www.devonlive.com/news/local-ne ... er-2756696
Why should I give up my fireplace? If I was on the dole or I had kids on my own, or I was Eastern European, no doubt they would let me keep the fireplace.

By cycloon
Hah, that's an amazing use of it.

I don't know owt about this woman and her fireplace, but the fact someone can say a thing like that and expect to be taken seriously and be right that such a comment will be accepted by many of her peers (why is it published?) tells you all you need to know about how much particular discourse dominates our society.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:22 am
Hah, that's an amazing use of it.

I don't know owt about this woman and her fireplace, but the fact someone can say a thing like that and expect to be taken seriously and be right that such a comment will be accepted by many of her peers (why is it published?) tells you all you need to know about how much particular discourse dominates our society.
Give me fireplace or give me death-stare.

Jumping to conclusions here, but I imagine Mr Jenner spends a lot of time in his shed.

By Abernathy
Just weird how the report is full of non-sequiturs :
"Mrs Jenner added that she had an operation two years ago, after which the doctor gave her 25 years to live.

She added: “I told the Council last year I’d rather die than lose my fireplace.” "
So following an operation the doc says she can expect to live until she is 72 (she's currently 47). Obviously nobody looks forward to death, but 72 is possibly a fair shout in the (unknown) circumstances (presumably some condition that limits life to just another quarter century or so) .

But what the blithering fuck has it got to do with her under-threat fireplace?

By Abernathy
cycloon wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:28 pm
As ever, the real truth of this is the extra layer of cruelty.
You mean Mrs Jenner's casual references to benefit claimants or "Eastern Europeans" ?
The Trump Presidency

Completely unhinged. https://twitter.com/realDo[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

To be fair Steve Bray is an annoying twat as are[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

So this spokesperson is someone simply motivated b[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Marine A allegedly executed an injured prisoner […]