•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By satnav
Membership Days Posts
Chesterfield woman ‘close to being in wrong place at wrong time’

Read more at: https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/ ... -1-9081504
A Chesterfield woman has said she was ‘so close to being in the wrong place at the wrong time’ following a terrorist attack in France. Tracy Mitchell, a former journalist at the Derbyshire Times, has a second home in the small village of Rieux-en-Val, just a 20 minute drive from the sleepy town of Trèbes. The town was rocked when radical Islamist gunman, 25-year-old Redouane Lakdim, killed four people and injured 16 others in a shooting-spree which included taking hostages at the Super-U supermarket. Ms Mitchell, a lecturer in journalism at Hillsborough College, said she always uses the store and was planning a trip to the same supermarket less around 24 hours later. She said she was hours away from the French resort when news of the attack filtered through.

Read more at: https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/ ... -1-9081504

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Reading that has terrified me. I realised I was only miles and years away from being caught in the detonation of the Hiroshima bomb!!!11eleven!!!!1! :shock:
Horrific. I was actually looking at a picture of a London Underground train about 30 miles away from London when 7/7 happened. Little did I know it might have BLOWN UP IN MY FACE!
Kreuzberger wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:27 pm
I was travelling through the Pont D'Alma exactly 24 hours before we were all cruelly robbed of the People's Princess. Now that's what I call a close shave.
Funny enough, I was coming home after a big feed and a night on the sauce myself that night. Luckily, my driver was on the Fanta all evening, or it could have been a two-fer.

"Truly, he was the shitehawk of hearts..."
Abernathy liked this
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Japanese chap, got nuked twice, m'lud.

Got caught in Hiroshima blast, survived it, went to recuperate in Nagasaki.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
No wonder that print media is dying.
According to police, a van had collided with a wall.

True but after hitting two cars hard enough to rip the engine out of one. No mention of the van driver having run off, or photos of the two wrecked cars, which I know the Herald has. And despite the article, casualties were taken to hospital. One had had a pacemaker fitted a few days earlier.
I know this as I was near enough to hear the bang. So how can I trust the accuracy of the other articles?

https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news ... -1-8449304[/quote]
The Northern Irish thread

Brexit poisons everything it touches but the motiv[…]

The Israel Defense Forces responded to Morris dem[…]

Tony Blair (more Marmite than Messiah)

Yeah. Fucking awful by Blair. It seems The Gu[…]

Meanwhile in America

Of the available candidates (so far) she'd be my[…]