•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Forensics team at scene of Eastbourne incident

Forensics were called to an incident in Eastbourne last night.
They assisted police at the incident in The Avenue between 9pm and 10pm.
Sussex Police has been approached for more information about what the incident was.
https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news ... -1-8916048

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:57 pm
Forensics team at scene of Eastbourne incident

Forensics were called to an incident in Eastbourne last night.
They assisted police at the incident in The Avenue between 9pm and 10pm.
Sussex Police has been approached for more information about what the incident was.
https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news ... -1-8916048
You might also wonder "which Avenue", but I'm aware it's a popular name for shopping centres.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:27 am
It's the name of a road.. Mainly residential with a few offices. No shops.
Confused because most places have several Avenues, with names like Electric Avenue or Laburnum Avenue.
Local papers for local people.
Ladies and gentlemen, please may I introduce to you one Riley Krause, a 'journalist' on the Sutton Guardian. Here is a typical example of his deathless prose, which doesn't quite make it into the Dean Swift class:
A large police precence was called to the Battersea Power Station earlier today

But officers have since confirmed that "nothing was found."

Trains were shut at about 7pm following tresspassers on the tracks.

As a result, trains were forced to shut off all power and came to a halt for multiple hours.

Taking to Twitter, Wandsworth Police advised that a "large police presence" was also been called to Nine Elms.

A police helicopter was also circling the area. Reports online suggested that a "suspicios package" was found at the site but officers have now given it the all clear.

It is unclear if the two incidents were related.
If I had been his English teacher I would be so proud...
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I love this story in my local paper.

Chesterfield builder's model girlfriend Katie Price has meltdown after iPhone fails to recognise her new face

She's had so much surgery I'm surprised she can recognise her own face.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/ ... -1-9993029

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
The Irish News in Belfast dun' goofed a few days ago on a story concerning Ryanair & Aer Lingus cutting flights out of both Belfast airports, with the headline including a supposed quote from the MP for Sri Lanka, Ian Paisley junior, on Twitter saying "good riddance [to] foreign airline".

The only problem is that IPJ's Twitter account is "ianpaisleyuk". The one The Irish News quoted from was from "ianpaisleymp" which is a long running parody account!

Though as many replies to the Irish News' apology mention, it isn't too difficult to think of the parody account as actually being authentic if you hadn't read its profile bio.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:17 pm
The sad thing is... before all the surgery she was actually quite attractive.
Very sad, I've often wondered, on celebrity in general.

If this were a relatively poor Zelebrity, we'd see condemnations in the tabloids and take a break style glossies.
But, there might be some chance of an intervention by friends, family and concerned "do gooders".

Since this is a person of independent wealth, the tabloids engage in profitable nudge-nudge piss-taking.
There's also that "She's got plenty of money, let her get on with it".

So I'm torn, personal freedom Vs protection from self for somebody who appears "vulnerable".
And I'll reflect that those who ascend the slippery pole of fame without a support network can
find themselves isolated, confused and endangered.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I was having similar thoughts as Jesy from Little Mix was doing the rounds to promote her anti-bullying documentary.

Whilst focusing on the anti-bullying aspect was valid and necessary, it felt like there could be an equally valid conversation about how someone that vulnerable had been allowed to get to that suicidal stage and left without support in the first place. Let alone whether she'd been adequately counselled about what she'd be getting into.

But there's no profit in putting people off.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:17 pm
The sad thing is... before all the surgery she was actually quite attractive.
Won't comment about below the shoulders for reasons that shouldn't need explained, but yeah when she was younger she had a fairly pretty face.

It's very hard to say this without sounding like a dick, I think, but the photo of her above makes her look like a transgender person whom can't be arsed to put an actual effort in to look "passable".
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Wouldn't it be great if she stood up & said '[…]

Labour, Generally.

The fears are fuelled by the party’s worsen[…]

Boris Johnson

You know when you wake up on a cold grey wet Octob[…]

Peter Hitchens

I think I'm repeating a point somebody already mad[…]