•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He still lives comfortably in West London giving his opinions for cash. He'll never be poor, never see his children suffer. He's won.

He knew the right people and they made sure he was alright.

Those of us who fucking tried? Fuck us into oblivion.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 pm
He still lives comfortably in West London giving his opinions for cash. He'll never be poor, never see his children suffer. He's won.

He knew the right people and they made sure he was alright.

Those of us who fucking tried? Fuck us into oblivion.
There's a phrase the Yanks coined to describe how people like Mr. Young are able to make a living.

Wingnut Welfare.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Toby Young quits New Schools Network, citing media pressure
Toby Young has stepped down from his government-funded job as head of a charity supporting new free schools, blaming the pressure of media attention.

The journalist’s decision to leave the New Schools Network follows the controversy that erupted earlier this year when Young was appointed a director of the universities regulator, which catapulted his lurid comments on women and eugenics into the public spotlight.

Young’s resignation as chief executive of the NSN – for which he was paid £90,000 a year according to the charity’s accounts – came after the Guardian revealed the Department for Education’s reluctance to renew the charity’s grant while Young remained at its helm.

In spite of its reservations, the DfE is expected to renew the grant to the NSN, previously worth around £3m, after no other applicants responded to the department’s tender last month, leaving it with little choice.

In a statement posted on its website on Friday, the NSN said: “The trustees of New Schools Network announced that Toby Young has resigned. Toby has concluded that the media attention his continuing presence at the helm of NSN is attracting has become a distraction from the vital work it is doing and, for that reason, he has decided to step down.”

The trustees said it would announce a replacement “in due course,” and concluded: “The trustees are grateful for Toby’s work during his time here and wish him well in his future endeavours.”
The move is Young’s third resignation since the new year, the first being his ill-fated appointment as a non-executive director of the Office for Students, the new higher education regulator.
A former colleague of Young’s said: “Ultimately, the relationship between free schools and Toby was too close to be healthy. He was, certainly in his own view, Mr Free School. It is undoubtedly true that the programme achieved more with him behind it in the early days. Yet go forward eight years and it is also true that his presence is doing more harm than good to the wider free school movement.”

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Or spout bollocks in the Mail:

Social media wrecked my career, admits TOBY YOUNG as he insists he won't let the same thing happen to his children after having to resign from two government-linked roles because of his tweets

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ldren.html
I am one of the world’s experts on the dangers of posting offensive material online. How did I obtain this dubious distinction? Earlier this year, I had to resign from my role at the Office For Students, the universities regulator, when my detractors dug up some tasteless things I’d said on Twitter.

The fact that most of these ill-judged tweets dated back to 2009 when I was a journalist provocateur – and long before I got involved in education – was neither here nor there. On social media, the bad things that men say live after them; the good is oft interred with their old phones.

The cost of being publicly humiliated in this way was depressingly high. In addition to having to step down from the Office For Students and apologise unreservedly, I had to resign as a Fulbright Commissioner, a position I’d occupied since 2013, while my honorary fellowship from Buckingham University was abruptly withdrawn.

The lesson for my own children could not be clearer: think before you post anything online. You don’t have to compulsively share every detail of your life, particularly if it’s something that could come back to bite you years later.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Messianic Trees wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:22 am
Or spout bollocks in the Mail:

Social media wrecked my career, admits TOBY YOUNG as he insists he won't let the same thing happen to his children after having to resign from two government-linked roles because of his tweets

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ldren.html
I am one of the world’s experts on the dangers of posting offensive material online. How did I obtain this dubious distinction? Earlier this year, I had to resign from my role at the Office For Students, the universities regulator, when my detractors dug up some tasteless things I’d said on Twitter.

The fact that most of these ill-judged tweets dated back to 2009 when I was a journalist provocateur – and long before I got involved in education – was neither here nor there. On social media, the bad things that men say live after them; the good is oft interred with their old phones.

The cost of being publicly humiliated in this way was depressingly high. In addition to having to step down from the Office For Students and apologise unreservedly, I had to resign as a Fulbright Commissioner, a position I’d occupied since 2013, while my honorary fellowship from Buckingham University was abruptly withdrawn.

The lesson for my own children could not be clearer: think before you post anything online. You don’t have to compulsively share every detail of your life, particularly if it’s something that could come back to bite you years later.
Maybe it could be a class at the West London Free School.
Today children we were planning a class in the dangers of social media.
The celebrity teacher was to be a well known journalist provocateur.
Unfortunately he failed his disclosure checks, so cannot come within a quarter mile of the school.

By Samanfur
He's currently on The Daily Politics, digging a splendid hole for himself and not getting a sympathetic hearing from the presenter.

Apparently, "they were late at night" is an acceptable excuse for what he said on social media. And he's still the victim of a "witch hunt", the poor lamb.

The presenter isn't having it.

There's also some stuff about his admission to Oxford that I wasn't aware of. I didn't realise that he wasn't supposed to've been there in the first place.

By MisterMuncher
Does anyone understand what "Witch Hunt" actually means any more? It doesn't mean "getting pulled up for some shit I actually did and hoped to hell no one cared or remembered", as Tobes or Donald Trump would have it, to name but two.

By Samanfur
That was something that the interviewer called him out on, since the nature of historical witch hunts was to persecute someone for something they didn't do, whereas Young was very forthcoming about the fact that he did exactly what he was accused of.

Flybmi collapses, blaming Brexit uncertainty […]

Just when you think Yaxley-Lennon couldn’t b[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

It doesn't but it can be a nuisance to Labour.

The Tories, Generally

Exclusive: Tory Party 'In Denial' Over Islamopho[…]