•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Why I'm a conservative
Read more at: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyy ... servative/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nevertheless, I like to think I’m keeping faith with the spirit of 1977. The punk movement was a starbust of rebellious energy, a nebula of rage. It was a sharp reminder to the powers that be that they owe their exalted status to us, we don’t owe anything to them. I may have gone bald and I may have swapped my Destroy T-shirt for a Jermyn Street shirt, but I have far more in common with the original punks than the anti-cuts protestors. I'm still a 14-year-old anarchist at heart whereas they're just defenders of the tax-and-spend status quo.

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oh whoopee, another "Aaaah, who are the real rebels, eh?" article.

Toby, you cheerlead for the government and write for the Telegraph. You're no fucking rebel.
By shyamz
Messianic Trees wrote:Why I'm a conservative
Read more at: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyy ... servative/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nevertheless, I like to think I’m keeping faith with the spirit of 1977. The punk movement was a starbust of rebellious energy, a nebula of rage. It was a sharp reminder to the powers that be that they owe their exalted status to us, we don’t owe anything to them. I may have gone bald and I may have swapped my Destroy T-shirt for a Jermyn Street shirt, but I have far more in common with the original punks than the anti-cuts protestors. I'm still a 14-year-old anarchist at heart whereas they're just defenders of the tax-and-spend status quo.
In the commentary for a Johnny Vegas DVD I own (one with him on Celebrity Poker with Young, Hattie Hayridge and some others I can't remember), he and his mates rightly rip into him.

Johnny mentions in the commentary, an article Young wrote where he says "when I was young, I was a rebel, flicking the V's out the window".

So fucking sad (like that quote above), which Johnny followed with "Yeah, but you didn't live in Saint Helens did you?"

I really despair for the children who are now doomed to be educated by this utter cuntstick.
Last edited by shyamz on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By shyamz
As is always the case, the more someone has to inform the world of their rebelliousness/wackiness/hardness/edginess, the less of any of those things they actually are.

Like those "I'm like marmite I am, you either love me or hate me."

In other words, "I am a wanker and most sane people find me intolerable".
Last edited by shyamz on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anther one from HM 'Government'. According to an […]

The Tories, Generally

The Tory spin and control of the media is so effe[…]

Richard Littlejohn

I rather enjoyed Mars Attacks. Was that him wot […]

Shaun Bailey

And here's possibly the winner. Tory Mayor candida[…]