For all print & online journalism
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
If you want to see precisely how vile a journalist can be, have a look at this piece of brain vomit by the hideous Brendan O'Neill. I'm amazed that even the Spectator would print it.
It says everything about journalism that I have always wanted to express but haven't had the vocabulary for.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/7 ... ture.thtml

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:He's ex-Living Marxism.

They love people like that on the hard right.
That explains a lot.
I always struggled to figure out whether the RCP were spoilers with an interest in marxism, or marxists with an interest in spoiling.
Some of the leading writers look to have coalesced around the "Spiked Online" website.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
It wasn’t the abolition of EMA but rather its introduction that turned young people riotous
The abolition of EMA did not cause the riots. On the contrary, in weaning kids off their reliance on their families and communities and informing them that they should be instantly rewarded for everything they do, even schoolwork, perhaps it was the introduction of EMA in the first place which in some way contributed to the riotous outlook. Perhaps EMA, by creating a new state/yoof gang that had the subtle effect of cutting young people off from their own communities, unwittingly intensified the modern-day sense of entitlement and disrespect for local community and parental authority that exploded on our streets two weeks ago.
By InkyGB
Membership Days
Messianic Trees wrote:It wasn’t the abolition of EMA but rather its introduction that turned young people riotous
The abolition of EMA did not cause the riots. On the contrary, in weaning kids off their reliance on their families and communities and informing them that they should be instantly rewarded for everything they do, even schoolwork, perhaps it was the introduction of EMA in the first place which in some way contributed to the riotous outlook. Perhaps EMA, by creating a new state/yoof gang that had the subtle effect of cutting young people off from their own communities, unwittingly intensified the modern-day sense of entitlement and disrespect for local community and parental authority that exploded on our streets two weeks ago.
He should read the latest issue of Private Eye where it's pointed out that there was plenty of looting in the 1981 riots and the same bollocks was trotted out by the talking heads of the day about the collapse of the family and the sense of entitlement.
By InkyGB
Membership Days
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:If you want to see precisely how vile a journalist can be, have a look at this piece of brain vomit by the hideous Brendan O'Neill. I'm amazed that even the Spectator would print it.
It says everything about journalism that I have always wanted to express but haven't had the vocabulary for.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/7 ... ture.thtml
What a total prick. The idea that men who had suffered a horrendous trauma in their childhoods were now using it as an "excuse" for the rest of their life being screwed up is appalling.

And just when you think the cuntishness of the journalist was bad enough, you see a comment like this:
mike flynn wrote:took a lot of guts to write this article. we need more pokes in the eye of the P.C. establishment. by the time you turn 40 or 50 , time to man up about your life.
I wonder how many times Mike was raped in his childhood by someone he trusted.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
A glimpse into the class hatred at the heart of the anti-EDL clique
Whatever you think of the EDL (being a hugely pro-immigration type, I am opposed to it), it's becoming increasingly clear why Leftists have leapt upon this small political grouping and blown its threat out of all proportion – because campaigning against the EDL provides them with a PC platform from which to express their disappointment and/or disgust with the white masses.
By mojojojo
Membership Days Posts
Oh that one. Fighting fascists is being part of middle-class elite who hate the working class blah blah bla. Yawn.

Don't the EDL use that argument themselves?

I expect the local residents who come out to oppose them are just the same too. And working class anti-fascists.

Wonder if Brendan drinks in the sort of boozers that the EDL do.
Sundry far-right groups and parties.

According to a book by Stuart Maconie, it was a co[…]

The EDL

Met police pay out £700,000 to detained an[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Or, arguably, with them.

The LibDems, generally

I can't say Jo Swinson's ever floated my boat but […]