•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
I'd forgotten about this monumental tosspot and am actually surprised he's somewhat faded into obscurity as I'm certain he was part of the Alt-Reich shock jock vanguard earlier in this decade. Back in 2013/14 I went to see a talk on the necessity of safe spaces on university campuses, featuring Brendan O'Neill and 2 female academics I'm ashamed I can't remember the name of. Needless to say Big Brave Brendan was fully against the notion and soured the tone of debate by inflammatory rabble-rousing which pretty much ended with him accusing the other 2 of hating free speech and being dangerous influences on the febrile minds attending higher education. He also had a go at the audience for laughing at him when he referenced John Stuart Mill's On Liberty, because of course us SJW gestapos would reflexively loathe a book written by a white man rather than it being Libertarianism 101 for every armchair contrarian free-marketeering wankstain with access to a keyboard and a message forum.

It really is an ace in the hole for these pricks, pretend to be an incendiary contrarian on hot button issues so you get air time/page clicks/exposure and then offer nothing to the discussion apart from shocking statements and then when met with umbrage, accuse your opponents of surpressing your free speech and then smugly bask in them floundering for a counter as you anticipate the online comments section crowning you the "winner" of the debate.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
As a rule of thumb for me, the further you move away from the political centre the more dogmatic your opinions and beliefs become and the more resistive to reason and authoritive evidence you be. This certainly isn't to say that centerists don't on occasions come out with some spectacular male cow crap but when they do it is nearly always on a different level of ignorance compared that from the hard to far left & right, whose reductive logic of bullshit follows near identical paths giving a lot of credence to the horseshoe theory.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Whilst accepting that, I think there's a certain breed of fucking arse who'll say and do pretty much anything, and agree with pretty much anyone, to further their own agendas and get a few minions to push about.

O'Neill would align himself to anyone who gives credence to his bullshit and fawns sufficiently.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:34 pm
Whilst accepting that, I think there's a certain breed of fucking arse who'll say and do pretty much anything, and agree with pretty much anyone, to further their own agendas and get a few minions to push about.
I think you've somehow managed to describe both Boris Johnson and Sinn Fein in that one sentence. :shock:
The sad faces of wronged Mail readers

I was told it's nothing to do with jackets and i[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Externalisation of the locus of control. https://[…]

GE 2020

Even though he played a prominent role in thwar[…]

David Cameron

As Charlie Brooker pointed out, he did it in TV in[…]