•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Brexit's chipping away at Brendan's sanity (expect many to befall this fate). He just can't take a joke poor snowflake

To put this in perspective Brexit is being mocked by sneery metropolitan types for showing no signs of bringing home the bacon as promised. I would quote Wilde and say the pen is mightier than the sword but if you've been stabbed for speaking Polish you will know that's bollocks.
Last edited by youngian on Tue May 16, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
You can't even allude to genocide these days without the PC do-gooders complaining. We might as well be living in Nazi Germany
No one is safe from the middle-class mob of offence-takers

The mob has claimed another scalp. Katie Hopkins has been dumped by LBC radio following days of Twitterfury and threatened boycotts over her tweet calling for a ‘final solution’ to the problem of Islamist violence. It doesn’t matter what you think of Hopkins. It doesn’t matter if you violently hate her, as the Twitterati does, or if she just think she’s a foghorn made flesh, as I do, or if you like her: whatever, you should still be worried that she has lost her job at the behest of a clamouring mob of self-righteous tweeters and bleaters.

For this is what happened. Twits and media types didn’t just say ‘Fucking Katie Hopkins’, or even better say nothing at all. No, they drew themselves up into a swarm of fury and demanded Hopkins be given the heave-ho. They said they would boycott LBC until she’d been elbowed out. They turned themselves from offended individuals into an illiberal mob. Some of them even reported her to the police, the grasses. Probably the same kind of people who wept over that great movie The Lives of Others in which the cops of the GDR are shown monitoring what people say. Hilarious. http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... Sh9nmjyuUl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:You can't even allude to genocide these days without the PC do-gooders complaining. We might as well be living in Nazi Germany
No one is safe from the middle-class mob of offence-takers

The mob has claimed another scalp. Katie Hopkins has been dumped by LBC radio following days of Twitterfury and threatened boycotts over her tweet calling for a ‘final solution’ to the problem of Islamist violence. It doesn’t matter what you think of Hopkins. It doesn’t matter if you violently hate her, as the Twitterati does, or if she just think she’s a foghorn made flesh, as I do, or if you like her: whatever, you should still be worried that she has lost her job at the behest of a clamouring mob of self-righteous tweeters and bleaters.

For this is what happened. Twits and media types didn’t just say ‘Fucking Katie Hopkins’, or even better say nothing at all. No, they drew themselves up into a swarm of fury and demanded Hopkins be given the heave-ho. They said they would boycott LBC until she’d been elbowed out. They turned themselves from offended individuals into an illiberal mob. Some of them even reported her to the police, the grasses. Probably the same kind of people who wept over that great movie The Lives of Others in which the cops of the GDR are shown monitoring what people say. Hilarious. http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... Sh9nmjyuUl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last time I checked I don't have a talk radio show.
Should I be blaming the tweeters and bleaters?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote: Last time I checked I don't have a talk radio show.
Should I be blaming the tweeters and bleaters?
You could have your own up and running by Saturday lunchtime especially if you've been sacked as often as Jon Gaunt.
https://www.jongaunt.com/radio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's in a bad way
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Fozzy
Membership Days Posts
Why on earth should I be worried that Hopkins has lost her job? She's a freelance contractor, her employers are perfectly entitled to terminate the contract whenever they feel like it. If she wanted to keep it, she could have had the sense not to advocate a final solution. Her right to free speech isn't affected one iota.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
He's not even a real person but a bot programme whatever variables you put in the same article is churned out. This week killjoy middle-class feminists at the BBC are putting working-class women with nice tits out of work. And darts players are fat pissheads.

So this week two things have got feminists cheering and whooping. First, the coming together of BBC women to demand a hike in their already eye-watering levels of pay. And secondly, the erasure of the walk-on women from darts, the sacking, effectively, of these beautiful, usually working-class women who bring a touch of glamour to a game dominated by portly blokes fond of their lager.

Feminists applaud the wealthy, well-educated women of the Beeb who demand more money yet care not one jot for poorer women who, courtesy of the 21st-century lust for destroying outdated or allegedly offensive things, have just lost a source of their income. How brilliantly revealing.

That these two stories have exploded at the same time and are battling it out for the front pages of the papers — the Guardian has gone for the BBC women story, natch, while the Sun is backing the sacked darts women — tells us a lot about modern feminism. About its now Marie Antoinette levels of disconnection from ordinary people’s lives and concerns.

About its morphing from a movement that was once concerned with improving the political and working lot of all women into a clique of like-minded upper middle-class women who might have each other’s backs but certainly don’t have the backs of those other women, those less well-off women, those foolish women who think it’s acceptable to use one’s looks or prowess to make a buck. Those women aren’t welcome in this choosy, aloof sisterhood. https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/01/f ... ass-women/

By davidjay
Membership Days Posts
What him and his sort don't get is that for every 'empowered' woman who uses her tits and her smile to get work, there are thousands who get whistled at walking down the street, groped in a bar and leered at in their office by men who think that all women are objects for their amusement and see them only in terms of their appearance.
lord_kobel, Cyclist liked this
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
So on the one hand women want to be paid fairly for the work they do. On the other they don't want to be objectified. And this is bad or mutually exclusive because?

Or is he saying that it's OK if you're not brainy 'cos you've got a pair of tits, haven't you love? All else fails, get down the docks.
Meanwhile in America

I think America is big enough to survive Trump but[…]

Richard Littlejohn

My impoverished classmate seems to have left beh[…]

The Sun

https://i.postimg.cc/2SQfhbZH/image.jpg

Daily Express headline today

All shits. Let's unite the country!