•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Sums the Mail up really, hate everything and everyone, even if they try to do what the Mail wants. It basically sells, promotes and encourages hate.

On reining in “poppy ness”, maybe in 10 or so years time no one from World War 2 will remain, could that be the time to call time on it?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Who will remember, passing through this Gate,
the unheroic dead who fed the guns?
Who shall absolve the foulness of their fate,-
Those doomed, conscripted, unvictorious ones?

Crudely renewed, the Salient holds its own.
Paid are its dim defenders by this pomp;
Paid, with a pile of peace-complacent stone,
The armies who endured that sullen swamp.

Here was the world's worst wound. And here with pride
'Their name liveth for ever', the Gateway claims.
Was ever an immolation so belied
as these intolerably nameless names?
Well might the Dead who struggled in the slime
Rise and deride this sepulchre of crime.

Siegfried Sassoon
By Andy McDandy
News coverage of France and Germany in reconciliation ceremonies makes some of the internet hard men reactions starkly stand out. We really have immatured with age.

By Boiler
Big Arnold wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:06 am
2018 is different as it's the centenary of the armistice. A good time to stop, which won't happen of course. I think the poppy hysteria will slowly decline from now on.
I very much doubt it. You've got the centenary of the second war to come next and as this country collapses into stupidity and struggles with its identity, the past is the place it will prefer to be. Yesterday I went down to that there Lunnun and noticed that occasional LT roundels on the Underground had poppy overlays. It's just getting stupid now.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
And, when you try to engage in any discussion about poppy hysteria you tend to be shouted down by the flag waving right wing loons for not “sporting our boyz”

If you put forward any kind of structured argument it is a waste of time.

By Boiler
I'm of a generation when there were few jobs to be had when I left school (1983) and for many the Forces were the only realistic option for employment. My brother-in-law was one (RAF) and a goodly number of my peers went into the Army; it wasn't any sense of duty to their country that put them there, it was that or the dole queue.

Being shelled in Bosnia whilst trying to work in a field hospital does wonders for you...
By Andy McDandy
I used to think that the British comfort zone in terms of nostalgia was a chocolate box version of somewhere between the Georgian era and the sinking of the Titanic. Cranford time if you like. I think.its been joined by the world wars.
Boiler, Oblomov liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Fury as vandals turn memorial to war dead into a huge BUBBLE BATH by tipping washing up liquid into waterfall decorated with poppies

This apparently is exactly the same as burning a Grenfell effigy...

thatusernameistaken, London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Interesting how men burning a cardboard box results in three days of top page news, over reactive outcry and police involvement. Yet this slips all the way down, with the council condemning those that did it. We should be finding these bottom of the barrel roaches and exposing them for the world to see.
+311 -18
Cheric, London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Bet 5he Police are not all over this the way they are over another recent incident. No respect what so ever for the brave people who gave their lives for this country.
+206 -7
Motorhead, Athens, Greece, 2 hours ago
These pathetic little kids of today need a good hiding. simple
+144 -2
David245, LISS, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Bet there wont be same outcry about this, as there is with the idiots who burnt an effigy of Grenfell Tower.
+119 -8
Richard Oakley, Cannock, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
And nothing will be done...why..cos Mr plod is to busy hounding a couple of idiots who burnt a cardboard mock up of grenfel
+90 -5
Vivelo, here, United Kingdom, 53 minutes ago
Where is the witch hunt for them? An actual memorial gets vandalised and nothing, people burning a carboard box in their own garden which they made get arrested.
+69 -11

And this fucking idiot who is either making it up or is having the piss taken out of him:

Raumie, Offshore, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
I read something that honestly shocked me yesterday. A girl from London said she didn't believe WWI actually happened and people were actively supporting her. The horrors of a modern education.
+137 -3

"from London" obviously. I'm going with him completely making this up. It seems to be a common theme for these morons to literally making something up to get angry about and get others angry about. Fucking weirdos.
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
Council magazine faces angry backlash after being accused of putting 'Nazi' soldiers on front cover to mark Remembrance Day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... cover.html

I suspect they've just grabbed a stock image from an American website.

This is a top notch Mail fail.
Jim Murphy, 63, said: 'My dad was a soldier who was killed fighting the Germans in 1944 so you can imagine how I felt when I saw this.
Ummm...
The Trump Presidency

Post-Obama was always going to be a dip, as he was[…]

Boris Johnson

And I've no doubt that Mutti is speaking for all o[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Corbyn’s liberationist politics are not hard[…]

The Sun

THE SUN SAYS Us Brits aren’t negotiating wi[…]