•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Just appeared on the local Facebook page.
During lockdown we all put rainbows in our windows, due to the remembrance parades being cancelled why don't we all colour a poppy picture in, and put them in our window, LEST WE FORGET
If that's what you need to get them through lockdown or if it buys you a quiet hour over half term then fill your boots.

More likely, this will become a race to make the first picture that is visible from the ISS and anybody not displaying a poppy on a king-size sheet, or even colouring outside the lines, will be getting turds through the letter box.

I'll stick to bunging a few quid the Legion's way.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
SoulBoy wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:49 am
During lockdown we all put rainbows in our windows, due to the remembrance parades being cancelled why don't we all colour a poppy picture in, and put them in our window, LEST WE FORGET

I’ve seen that word for word on our town FB page. I doubt the Legion is trolling on FB. Feel like going on offensive this year. I’m interested in what people have learned and concluded about war and peace from their sombre remembrance over the years.

By Oblomov
A bit early to propose this but do you think such people would be receptive to a remembrance ceremony for COVID-19 victims?

By bluebellnutter
SoulBoy wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:49 am
If that's what you need to get them through lockdown or if it buys you a quiet hour over half term then fill your boots.

More likely, this will become a race to make the first picture that is visible from the ISS and anybody not displaying a poppy on a king-size sheet, or even colouring outside the lines, will be getting turds through the letter box.

I'll stick to bunging a few quid the Legion's way.
Perhaps you ought to ask the question of how you think the Legion will benefit from this act, given that is what it is about?
By SoulBoy
Post on a local Facebook group? That is the ultimate in pigeon chess.

I've only posted on there once. I was on the bus when some kids threw a rock through the windscreen. The bus driver asked for witnesses so I posted the time, location, a brief description of the teenagers and the bus company's details.

No witnesses came forward but there were some incredibly creative suggestions for torture from the Hang 'Em And Flog 'Em brigade.

By Andy McDandy
I hate the phrase. I hate the way it gets bellowed (or typed in caps), reminiscent of the sheep in Animal Farm with their chorus of whatever slogan they've been taught.

Lest we forget - i.e. if we forget how we got into this mess, and how many people died horribly, we're liable to get ourselves into another one. But it's come to mean something between "Don't forget the soldiers" (OK, fair enough) and "IMMA DO A PATRIOTISM AND NO-ONE'S GONNA STOP ME!".

But yeah, some berk asks where your poppy is and you say that it's only October 5th and there's plenty of time...

"LEST WE FORGET!"

"Uh, yeah, sure. Next time I see a poppy seller I'll..."

"LEST WE FORGET!!!"

"Well, it clearly means a lot to you..."

"LEST WE FORGET!!!"

By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:10 am
I'm suggesting that they all put up a big sign saying hw much they've donated to the RBL. Then they can humblebrag with a purpose.
You just know that if the bigger the poppy the cheaper it was, they'd donate a penny to get one the size of a dustbin lid.
Last edited by davidjay on Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

By KevS
As I've said before, you'll find that those who shout loudest at this time of year will, in a week or so, go to a draw, and carefully lift out a fragile poppy that they've had since... Ooh I don't know... Wasn't it the year that Foot bloke had his jacket on... Etc etc etc.
spoonman liked this

There's bound to be fallout from this. But what?

The Tories, Generally

I'm sure someone is mechanising the dispatch of ex[…]

US election 2020

Actual US senator, during an actual Senate committ[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

What are you on, Red? What the fuck has Hercules[…]