- Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:31 pm #374783
Liberals. Before the media was run by liberals, not lefties. It is an important distinction comrade!
'Can I go back to the ward now? I lead an exciting and vibrant life there.'
Not to the moonbats who constantly push that narrative; leftists, liberals, Marxists, Metropolitan elite, they're interchangeable.Philip Marlow wrote:Liberals. Before the media was run by liberals, not lefties. It is an important distinction comrade!
Owen Jones, in his marvellous book Chavs, (“chav” is the derogatory British term for the white working class) tackles the notion that poor people milk the state more than the rich do. Some updated statistics:
• Total cost of Jobseekers’ Allowance in 2011/2012: £4.91bn.
• Total taxpayers’ support for British banks peaked after the banking meltdown at £1.2 trillion.
• Total overpayment of benefits due to fraud and error in 2013/2014: £3.3bn, estimates the government. Meanwhile underpayments due to fraud and error totalled £1.4bn. The net sum, £1.9bn, is just over 1 per cent of British benefit spending.
• Even if this is a massive underestimate, and the real cost of benefits fraud is three times higher, it would still be just one-sixth of the sum lost in unpaid or avoided taxes in 2011/2012, by the government’s own estimate.
• That estimate doesn’t take into account the puny British tax bills of companies such as Starbucks, Amazon and Google, or of resident non-domiciled billionaires.
More like "many international business professionals, for whom English may not be their first language....just somewhere alongside their ability in French, German, Spanish etc"..............now go apply to Brexit Business skills!Many of whose guests can't speak English
Does seem to be a constant on the right. Take th[…]
It’s not much use when you forgot everythi[…]
Washington Capitol building in lockdown due to a '[…]